Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some advice.
Here in California it is Ant season, they are everywhere. We have had a real problem with them in the last couple days.
While I was out today my husband thought he would try and take care of it by spraying a few places around the house. The problem is that he wasn't really smart in how much he sprayed. My whole bathroom stinks of this Raid stuff. I have sent him in with cleaning product to try and get rid of some of it, but it doesn't seem to be working. It is our only bathroom and as you ladies now I am going in there often.
I have read that long exposure to this stuff can be harmful to our baby in the first trimester especially, like causing brain and nerve damage.

I am so freaked out that I haven't slept a wink tonight. I am ready to go rent a hotel room.
Has anyone experienced anything like this or have any advice about what to do?
Please and thankyou

A very nervous mom to be
Tracy

·
Registered
299 Posts
don't know the answer but try opening the window and putting a fan by the door to blow fummes through - also an onion cut in half and placed in room will draw chemicals into it, works for paint fummes!!!

·
Registered
299 Posts
also call the company that makes it - they should be able to tell you if harmfull............they should have tested it before selling it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Noodle,
I have called poison control and the company that makes the product and they have both said that there should be nothing to worry about now. As you know being pregnant your nose is on over drive, and this smell is horrible, so the onion sounds like a good idea.
I am just soooooooo nervous about doing something to hurt our little one.
Thanks again
Tracy

·
Registered
299 Posts
glad to be of help - and the onion really does work for chemical smells! just leave it there over night then smell it the next day and you will see what i mean, it works like a sponge for nasty smells.

·
Premium Member
1,565 Posts
Hi there,

Tracy, I'm glad you've got nothing to worry about.

Noodles, what a great tip one to use when painting the baby's room.

lol

Edna

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.