Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I am just wondering if anyone has heard of the Bristol Urology Associates Clinic and has anyone been there?  Its the only clinic I've found in our area that does microsurgical vasectomy reversal but I can find no information on them other than their own website.

Laura

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
They're at the BUPA hospital in Bristol  :)  Dr Raj Persad is the surgeon.  Would love to hear from anyone who has been there.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hi

I responded on the VR thread, but just incase you miss it, We went there for the consultation in Jan 07, met Mr Persaud, seemed nice, the clinic where you have the consultation is not where your hubby is operated on, he goes to BUPA in Bristol i think?  Anyway, we had no probs with Mr Persaud, seemed very professional, How much is your VR costing? there seemed to be a price fluctuation when we were there!

Any questions, feel free to PM me  :)

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you!! was beginning to wonder why no one had heard of them!!  ;D

They've given us a price of £2882, consultation fee of £175 then a further £2707 which includes surgeons fee, hospital fee, anaesthetist and a follow up consultation, thought this was quite good?  Its more than we would have been paying at Nuffield but I'm hoping this microsurgical technique will be worth paying extra for.  Do you know anyone that has had the op there?  Will take a look at the VR thread in a mo...

xxx

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hi,

No I dont know anyone that has had the procedure, what I will say though is regarding the consultation, it is literally 5 minutes (if that), we felt a little dismissed and a bit intimidated to ask questions, so make sure you jump in there with any queries as soon as you can  ;D

x

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That would be so me to walk out without saying a word and then think oh I should have asked this and why didn't I ask that!! lol

Have just spoken to clinic and have made an appointment for next thursday so will have to have a good think now about what questions we need to ask...  ???

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Maria!!  :-*

Appt is at 5pm so will let you know tonight how it goes  x

·
Registered
149 Posts
Cool, can't wait to hear what he says!  :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Well?  ;D ;D ;D

I'm terribly impatient  ;)

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
;D Sorry I was dying to get back and tell you all about it but had a slight detour on the way home...

Well I'm so happy right now  :)  :)  :) it was really lovely to meet Mr Persad and we feel very confident about it all now.  Trying to not get our hopes up too much but he said we should have no problems with the VR, the tubes felt good and are only half a cm apart which he says is a good thing.

We need to call his secretary in the morning to book the op... ^teddy^ can't wait to get that date set!! xxx

·
Registered
149 Posts
So pleased it went well  :)

Good news about the tubes  ;)

Just the waiting game now!  ;) ;D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts