Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've been having muscle spasms in the right hand side of my lower abdomen for 2 days and other than being really annoying I'm a touch worried about it.  I've had 3 major ops in my abdomen over the years and this is my first pregnancy.  Can anyone advise me if this is normal please?

Thank you
Love OJ
xxx

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
hi oj

this is normal according to my midwife, she said that at about this point the uterous starts to rise out of the pelvis and whilst doing so can cause muscular discomfort and at times sharp pains as things stretch.

If you are worried at all call your midwife I am sure she can put your mind at rest.

I have been having similar spasms for the last few days also except mine are mostly left sided apparently it is also ok to be one sided as it means the muscles that side are just a bit tighter. Since you have had surgery this may also be the case for you.

hope this helps

Frances

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Fran, it is down the left side.  I've got an appointment with the midwife on Wed so I'll talk to her about it then.

xx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.