Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I had a BFP last Thursday after medicated IUI but I've got a pain in my left side, it's at my hip and the best way to describe it is it feels like muscle strain, it's not severe but I'm aware of it. I've been reading about symptoms for ectopic pregnancies which said that one of the signs is a pain in the side but it did say it would be more in the lower abdomen. I keep trying to be logical but I can't get the fear out of my head that it is an ectopic and I've now got myself into a terrible state worrying about it. I don't get my scan for a couple of weeks. Has anyone else experienced this? I really need some reassurance that it's going to be ok.  ^feedback^

Viv xx

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
hi there i am not a doctor but i have had iui 4 times and i had to have my right tube removed on weds, what i am trying to say is that if it was ectopic you dont get symptoms till at least 6w and most people dont get them till 8/10 i was 9w.

i think you should go to gp or ring your clinic and they will cheak you out but dont worry i am sur it will be something silly and you will have a healthy preg good luck and keep us posted xxxx ^reiki^

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi thank you to you both for replying. I know I'm probably over reacting to this. I'll see how it goes over the next few days. Sunny, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.

Viv xx

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Hi Vivienne
I am sure the pain is just normal pregnancy pulls and tugs (and it does seem to occur on the left side) - however keep an eye on it, if you feel that it is painful or dont feel comfortable with it, then go down to A&E and if you tell them of the pain they will scan you (I did this as I had a possible ectopic and they scanned me - turned out not to be)  You wont see much at 5 weeks with a scan but they will be able to tell you if there is a sac in the right place and put your mind at ease.
I think the possiblitly of a cyst (corpeus lutem) is also a possibility and can cause pains (I had this quite sharp pains and it turned out to be from this)
wishing you lots of luck, if you are getting too worried and stressed, then go down to your A&E, get scanned and put your mind at rest.
wishing you lots of luck

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hello viv

I just wanted to let you know that I had exactly the same pains - and I still get them occasionally.

I am only 9 weeks pregnant but for the first couple of weeks after we had the bfp I had pain down my left side.  It was in my abdomen and in the hip area.  I was also very worried as I've had an ectopic before.  I also had a lot of burning sensations down my left side too??

I'm really not sure what it was but I had a scan just over a week ago and everything was okay.

Try not to worry - but if it gets too much get in touch with your clinic and they may be able to scan you a bit earlier.

suexx

·
Premium Member
3,058 Posts
Hello Viv,

I have something similar going on and have also been panicking that it might be an ectopic. I'm only at 6 weeks.
Mine comes and goes. I had it on Thurs and Friday, but not at all over the weekend, and have it slightly again today. I think, in my case, I have it more after doing physical stuff, and less when I've been resting and being lazy.

Hope you feel better soon,
Emma,  :)

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you so much for all your replys. I feel better knowing that you have experienced this and that everything is ok. The pain doesn't feel as bad now and definitely feels like a strained muscle although I will take your advice and if it gets much worse I will see about getting it checked. You think your worries are over when you get a BFP but it feels like they're only just beginning!

Viv xx

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Hi Vivienne,

Just wanted to let you know that I too am experiencing some strange pains. I have had af type cramp for several days and then last day or two I am aware of a constant dull ache on my right hand side with the occasional pain too. I've tried to dismiss it as I remember from my 1st pregnancy that you get a lot of 'growing' pains, some that take your breath away - but this is a constant dull ache.

Anyway, after worrying about it all night I called GP this morning who told me to call midwife. Called m/w who said these symptoms very often get diagnosed as water infections and to ask the GP for a wee test!!! She said if Dr not happy then they can refer you for a scan.

Needless to say I feel a bit silly, I knew I would and now don't feel as worried as m/w didn't seem to be. Will wait and see how tonight goes and might see Dr in the morning.

Good luck and hope your pains settle down soon.

S xx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.