Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am very lucky to have just had a BFP!!  If I use the first day of my last af as a guide I calculate that I am 5w1d.

I already feel quite bloated and have had lots of strange feeling around my belly button area.  I'm not too worried about these twinges as they feel okay.

But I've also got a bit of pain down my left side and a bit of burning here too.

I had an ectopic a long time ago so I'm really anxious to know that this time everything is in the right place.

I dont have my first scan until the 2nd September which is just over 3 weeks away.

Does anyone know what is the earliest you can have a scan and be confident that the pregnancy isnt ectopic.

Also is it normal to get so many twinges and to feel so bloated at such an early stage in a pregnancy?

suexx

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
hi sue

congrats

everything you describe sounds normal twinges and af type pains are all ok as is the bloating and dare i say it wind. don't worry unless pain is severe and you bleed bright red and heavy even light brown bleed is ok. Relax and enjoy

FEW

·
Registered
140 Posts
HI sue

Firstly, congratulations on your BFP.

When i got my positive result, i had dragging pains just above my right groin, this was the side where i had my ectopic pregnancy. I told my hospital and they said that because I'd had surgery on that side it was extra sensitive. I had a scan at 7 weeks, usually by then you should be able to see a heartbeat on the screen (this was according to St Bart's where I had my IVF treatment).

There are quite a few people who have had ectopic pregnancies in the past, and quite a few of them have experienced the same kinds of discomfort (i know this, as i posted the same question as you when i was about 4/5 weeks pregnant!)

As for being bloated, i seemed to be full of gas (sorry tmi) for most of the first tri, it was horrid. I felt bloated all the time and had stomach ache, as well as bad indigestion. The doctors perscribed me Gavascon, which helped so much.

I do agree with Few, if you do have severe pain and/if you have a bright red bleed, see your GP or go to the EPAU.

I'm sure everythings ok, try not to worry, relax and enjoy your pregnancy.

Luv

Tink (Chris) xx

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Few and Tink

Thank you for your replies.

The pain has gone now - but I've had the most awful indigestion tonight - couldnt stop burping - so i'm really hoping that the pain was due to that.

I know i'm worrying too much but I dont think i'll settle until I've had the scan.

The pain I had tonight was on the left side where I have a tube.  I lost the right tube when I had the ectopic.  I just remember how awful it was and i think thats why i'm getting myself in a bit of a tiz.

thanks again.

just being able to post on here made me immediately feel better.  My dh is out and we havent told anyone about our good news yet so i didnt have anyone to discuss it with.

take care

suexx 

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hi Sue

Congratulations. I can only echo what the other girls have said. I would like to point out that since you did IVF it is better to count your date from 14 days prior to EC (or 16 days prior to ET) because we all have different stimulation periods. With respect to the scan if you have it any earlier than 6w4d everything i so small and it is unusual to see a heart beat prior to 7 weeks.

Try to relax. I have had burping and wind from about 6 days after ET and still have it.

Good Luck
Megan

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Megan

I'm feeling much better today - but still full of wind!!!

Dont think I'm going to be very popular at work today!

I had a frozen embryo transfer this time and I didnt have to go through ec so I will use 16 days prior to ET to calculate as you suggest.  I think I have already miscalculated but I'm sure the clinic will sort me out when i go for a scan.

thanks again.

take care

suexx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.