Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I got a BFP on Sunday and am due to fly to Cuba a week today which will be long haul.

I won't go if it will cause any risk. Have an appointment with the doctor on Monday to ask him.

Do you think it is OK to go or would you all think it best not to go?

I wish I hadn't booked it now but my friend said that I was bound to get a BFP when it was the most inconvenient time so I should carry on regardless.

I am half of the opinion to sit at home and half to go anyway and if it all goes wrong to fly home early because the health facilities won't be too great.

What do you all honestly think?

xxxx

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
hi miss Jules
congrats :)  found a web site you might like to look at www.babyworld.co.uk it gives you information on flying while pregnant.
                                good luck
                                                evertonfc

·
Registered
59 Posts
hi,

I flew on uk to cyprus at 8 weeks, had a scan at 10 weeks. All okay. Something to do with oxygen levels was mentioned but is only a concern on private jets???!!!!! ::)

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Hi Miss Jules,
I am due to fly to Orlando approx 3 weeks after ET.  Obviously this was a huge cause for concern if we were lucky enough to have a BFP,  but we quizzed our consultant who said he did not have a problem or a concern over this.  It took us ages to decide whether or not to continue with tx but we decided that we could not put our lives on hold "just in case" but we trust and will be guided by the people that know.

Many Congratulations and I hope you have a lovely, relaxing time in Cuba.

Amanda
x

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Jules

I have been a long haul flight attendant and a homeopath for many years the recommended advice on all this is not to fly if you have had any spotting or bleeding if not then go. you should take sensible precautions on long haul flights

remain active

take plenty of fluids

move around at least once every hour and whilst seated keep you feet and calves moving as this keeps the blood circulating

request bulkhead seating as it offers more space this may be possible if you arrive early at the airport or speak to your airlines special assiatnce department and tell them you are preganant

make sure your travel insurance covers pregnancy not all do

If you want any more advice send me a personal message

enjoy your hols you deserve them

take care

Frances

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.