Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
^hello^

Can anyone help?  ^feedback^ I am only 5 weeks and have had my first appt with my docs who told me that I wouldn't be scanned until 12 weeks. I felt very anxious about this so the doc said when she wrote to the hospital she would request an earlier scan.

They have just phoned me to book a scan in this week (I have to call them back as i'm at work), is it too early to have a scan now and will they see anything, or should I see if they can book me in for a couple of weeks time?

Any advice would be appreciated, I have also posted this on ask a nurse, so apologies if you have already read this
Thanks

Niki x

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Niki

Many congrats on your BFP.

I would say that a scan this week would be too early as you would not see much as you are only 5 weeks pregnant.  You would not be able to see a heatbeat at this stage and this may make you worry unnecessarily.  I would say book it for when you are about 7.5-8 weeks pregnant.  I had my first scan then.

Best of luck

Terri xx

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi Nicki

Congratulations on your BFP.

I have a friend who is just 7 weeks pregnant and 10 days ago was having a bit of pain.  She had an early scan and they said she was 5 weeks 6 days pregnant and they saw a blob with a heartbeat.

Hope this helps

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
The information i have is that you can have a scan from 6 weeks - I think 5 might be a bit early and i dont think will help you stop worrying as you wont see much - so maybe try and delay by a week
congratulations on your bfp....

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks so much girls for your quick replies, I have called them and for some reason they thought I was 7 weeks!  ^idiot^  I have booked scan for 6 sept.  Excited but also scared  ^reiki^

Niki x

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hello Niki

You and I both tested positive on the same day!

I've just had a fet and the clinic have booked me in for a scan for the 2nd September so the 6th Sept sounds about right.

How are you feeling? 

Ive had a couple of days when i've been convinced my pregnancy is ectopic again but on the whole I just feel bloated and tired.  Oh and full of wind.

Not sure if all this is normal but keeping my fingers crossed that everything will be okay on the 2nd.

Take care and try not to stress too much!!  (says me who has been a complete stresshead since I found out I was pregnant).

suexx

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Hi Sue

Just wanted to congratulate you on your  ^BFP^ and let you know that feeling bloated and being full of wind is normal.  I too am feeling the same. 

Good luck with your scan on the 2nd.  I expect we will get chatting in the Bun in the Oven 'Waiting for first scan' thread.

Try not to worry and enjoy!

Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy.

Terri xx

·
Registered
526 Posts
Hi - I know you have already had this answered really but just thought I would let you know, I had a 6 week scan to check for ectopic when I was expecting my ds and all I saw was a bubble with a heartbeat (it was good to see though that he was in the right place!) I had a 2nd scan at 8 weeks and by then he looked like a little prawn..

Many congratulations on your BFP, take it easy as best you can

Love Cheryl x

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Chezza, I look forward to seeing my prawn  ;D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.