25 Auqust - I will be 8+5 weeks.  Is it possible that
I could be referred to another hospital in the area to
see if I could get a scan earlier?  Or more
importantly, is it necessary or is the scan at 8 weeks
early enough?

I am unsure how much monitoring i need because of the
clomid and PCOS and higher risk of m/c, my cons. is on
hols and wont be back until 5 August - go figure!  Do
I need to monitor progesterone levels etc?

Any advice from you would be greatly appreciated.  I
am stressing that I should be doing something to make
sure my baby is OK!

Thanks

Melinda xxxx

·
Premium Member
3,603 Posts
Hi Melinda,

Congrats on your  ^BFP^!!!

I fell pg on my 7th cycle of clomid, I saw my consultant at my next appt date (which had been pre-booked) which happened to fall on week 7, they discharged me from their care & I had a scan that day to check pregnancy was viable.
Since then I have been treated exactly the same had the pg been natural. Because of the 7 week scan I didn't get another until 20 weeks.

I don't believe you are at an higher risk of m/c than a natural pregnancy & I certainly wasn't told to monitor anything.

If you were able to get an earlier scan, I wouldn't recomend going before 7 weeks anyway, as you may not be able to see the heartbeat before then, so to wait until 8+5 weeks may seem like a lifetime, but it'll be worth the wait.
If like me you don't get another scan until 20 weeks, it's probably best not to go too early anyway, as the wait for the 2nd scan when baby actually looks like a baby will seem much further away.

I know it's hard not to worry, trust me this is only the beginning!  ;D but you have to think positive.
Enjoy being pregnant!

Siobhan xx

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply Siobhan, you forget that pregnancy is supposed to be enjoyable and instead you worry constantly!

Not long for you now, hope you are feeling happy and well,

Melinda xx

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
Hi Mel

Just saw your posting and wanted to say congratulation on your  ^BFP^, I am also a clomid girl so you;ve given me hope
Best wishes for a healthy pregnancy
Nikix

·
Registered
222 Posts
congratulations on your BFP.  I'm hoping to start clomid and I also have PCOS, you have given me so much encouragement with hearing your success story.  I was told by the early preg clinic that if I fall preg I wont get scanned until 8wks.  I have had several m/c's in the past and thats why I was told this.  I would ask your Gp about keeping an eye on your progesterone levels though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.