Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 10+4 wks pregnant and feel sooooo lucky and blessed to have a bubs in my tummy.

Ive had (and still have) OHSS which is causing problems still with pains, bloating etc. My ovaries on an internal scan yesterday measured 8cm still. I really thought they would have reduced back by now and am feeling down that I cant enjoy the pregnancy yet due to the pains.
Since EC, I have been experiencing pain up inside on and off, as if it were around my cervix. 2 wks ago, my gp felt my cervix and said it seemed normal. Yesterday, I woke up with the pain up inside and it hasnt gone at away at all since. The internal scan hurt like mad however the midwife who did it said that some people do have a tender cervix during pregnancy. (she didnt look at the cervix)

My worry (one of the many!!!) is that my cervix is going to become incompetant. Ive got an 8 yr old DS and went into labour early with him, however my cervix remained tightly closed then. My Mum, however has had an incompetant cervix on all four of her pregnancies.

Is the pain normal as the midwife said it could be or have I got cervical problems. My baby on the scan looked adorable and happy, I soooo dont want to let it down :'(

Any advice would be really really gratefully recieved,

Lol

mae ^reiki^

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hello Mae

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

I have had similar pains too, but were told that they were just stretching pains - everything settling into place.  I guess all our bits and pieces have to accommodate a growing baby and this results in all kinds of niggles - I'm sure it is nothing to worry about.

You are wise to mention it to your gp and if it continues or gets worse, then also mention it to your midwife again, but I think these pains are fairly normal.

I wish you lots of luck and have a happy and healthy pregnancy!

Alison xx

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hello Mae,

hope those pains have settled down now, i had dreadful pains for the first 4 weeks, i was also told it was normal stretching type pain. I would mention to your midwife about your concern over an incompetent cervix, they will refere you to a consultant who may re commed a cerclarge stitch. As you can see from my footnote i dont have a cervix & i have been told that this will only prove a problem from about 16 weeks when the baby starts to weigh a little, very similar to an incompetent one.

In the meantime enjoy the rest, hope all goes well

Lucy Lou xxx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.