Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Im 14 weeks pregnant with ivf and yesterday i got hit by a football quite hard in the upper half of my tummy.  My husband rushed me home due to shock and worry and we phoned my midwife, she told me its nothing to worry about as the baby at 14 weeks is alot lower.  I wanted to go to A&E but the midwife convinced me there was nothing to worry about.  I have had no discomfort, or bleeding but i was shacken up.  But I just feel as though I wanna get checked out.  What do you think?

Thankyou

Vix

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
Assuming you have no pain or bleeding I really wouldn't worry.
Babies can be quite tough little buggers!

If I were you I'd put my feet up and relax (whilst you still have the chance!)

Debs

·
Premium Member
5,346 Posts
Hi Vix (met you on easties board :) )

I had a nasty fall when i was pregnant, i fell on my back from a height and I was sooooo worried.  When they are that small though, they are really well protected.  My GP described it like this:  If you place an egg in a jamjar and fill it with water, no matter how hard you shake the jar, you will never be able to break the egg.

It is more dangerous to fall much later in the pregnancy when the bump is all baby.

I am sure you will be fine - xx

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Debs and Jennifer for your advice feel more at ease now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.