Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ruth,...I was just wondering about the pesseries, I found out last week  got a bfp from ivf, and have been told to continue the pesseries for up to the 12th week, which I am happy doing, ......But my question is will it be okay to just stop them after the 12th week, how important are they? as im worried as suposing I dont produce enough of my own, and yet stopping these at 12 weeks.......what would happen? or are they only important in the first 12 weeks and then it doesnt matter?

Sorry to seem abit thick,I dont know nothing about these pesseries really!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Kelly,
I see no one has responded to your question. I am no expert (nor am i a nurse), but according to the Zita West book, your progesterone levels increase up until week 10 and support the pregnancy, and after that the placenta takes over and the progesterone llevel evels off or even drops as it is no longer needed. At least I think that is the explanation.

Anyone, please correct me if I am wrong

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
That's what I was told too. Once the placenta takes over the pregnancy is supported by that and so the progesterone support is no longer needed. I stopped the pessaries after 12 weeks but on the final week, on the advice of my clinc, I stepped them down rather than just stopped. Clinics vary their protocol on this and some clinics stop the pessaries once the pregnancy is confirmed so try not to worry (easier said than doen I know!!!).

Kelly, congrats on your pregnancy.  :)

Lorri - sendings you lots of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
hi

im glad some1 asked this question as i have to take pesseries and eustrogen or how ever u spell it ^idiot^ ;D as mine was a fet but  i was wondering after my 12th week y stop will it be ok i no sum people stop as soon as they find out there preggers  :-\

im doing 3 peeseries a day :eek:
and 8 tablests a day :eek: :eek: :eek:

well take care love nikki

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.