Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

can any of you help! - my ankles have come up like balloons a couple of times recently & i'm only 15 weeks pregnant! - not over weight & dont have to stand up at work & get plenty of chance to rest with my feet up. The midwife has checked blood pressure etc all of which is fine. It has been mentioned to me that i may be short of the protein found in eggs - but i hate eggs! - does anyone have any thoughts on either what else has the egg protein in it or what could be causing my big ankles!

many thanks

Lucy Lou xxx

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hey Lucy Lou

I suffer swollen ankles sometimes due to a slight kidney disorder - however funnily enough they've been less swollen in my pregnancy than they usually are  ^idiot^ !!!

It might just be water retention in your body.  Are they worse later on in the day?

If your bp is fine I wouldn't worry too much. 

Can't really help with that one, but I know swollen ankles do happen in pregnancy - although normally later on like you say.

Mmmm keep us posted!!

Kim
x

·
Registered
949 Posts
Hi girls

I've had swollen ankles a couple of times too and I'm only 11 weeks gone tomorrow!  And when they get bad boy do they get bad, thankfully not had this for about a week and a bit now!  Bp was ok with me too!  Have gained weight pretty quickly tho (am having twinnies) and was probably slightly overweight to start with!

Hope it all calms down tho and doesn't bother you too much!

Love

Karen xxx

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kim & Karen,

thanks for replying, glad to hear its not just me!  i'll just have to rest lots!!

Love lucy lou x

·
Registered
211 Posts
hi girls
i to keep getting swollen ankles got told by midwife & hospital to drink plenty of water and get plenty of exercise ( eg; walking) one of the worst things is to be sat at a desk all day (which i do & now take regular breaks to have a short walk).
Debbie

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
I got swollen ankles too quite early on, and now have swollen hands which is even more horrible.  My BP was fine too.

I have been advised to drink lots of water (well after tx it's not like we're not used to that is it girls?!)  and put my feet up for 20 mins or so a few times a day.  I can usually even see the swelling coming down if I get my legs up on a cushion........... :eek:

I wasn't advised medically to do this but I've been drinking nettle tea which has a mild diuretic effect so helps stop water retention - Zita West suggests this in her natural pregnancy book (yes she wrote another one for when you get pg)

Claire x

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.