Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh girls, please help me!!

I have been having a small amount of bleeding since Friday which has ranged from brown, pink and red but haven't experienced any pain what so ever.

This morning was the usual show, this time brown mucus, not much at all. All the time I have had this it hasn't shown when I wipe, only when I dig around inside myself.

This afternoon I started having very mild cramps, then I went off to the hairdresser and during my time there I started to have stronger cramps and new they were AF pains. I rushed home in tears and when I got home checked and I was bleeding, more internally than externally but there never the less.

I have been in tears for the last hour and DH has just got home and we had a hug together. The weird thing is is that the pains have now gone and the bleeding has subsided and is only there when I check internally.

DH said that we should just do a test today so we know for definate and can expect the worse when we have to do the proper test on Friday. We done a Clear Blue and also a sensitive one purchased off the internet. We both couldn't believe our eyes when they both gave a positive result!!!

Does this mean that the bleeding I am having is me losing my little embies?? That would just be even worse than it not working at all!! The last 2.5 years we have dreamed of seeing this result and now we can't even celebrate in fear that we are losing our baby.

Can anyone help???

Nicky xx

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hi,

I would think that the bleeding you are having is either your AF or means you are pregnant which from the test you have taken seems more likely.  When going through treatment I was told that the drugs can affect the outcome of a pregnancy test so it might be worth waiting until Friday to know for sure.

I wish you the best of luck!  Sorry I can't be of anymore help!

·
Registered
655 Posts
Nicky- I just wanted to say ring your clinic.
They will most likely bring you in for bloods. Maybe up your pessaries (if you are using them) if there test shows a +.
I wish you the best of luck with this  ^reiki^

·
Registered
149 Posts
First congrats on your BFP, it's the first step!!!  

My advice is to try and get a blood test to check your HCG levels, if you have two (48 hours apart) the doc can see if the levels rise normally. This is a good way to determine if things are going ok and help ease your mind a bit early on.

I had bleeding at beginning of my first two pg and unfortunately m/c very early. The hcg levels did not rise normally with these two so we knew something was wrong.

With this pg I also had blood before af was due but it didn't last very long, was red/pink for first day then blown for three or four days, then stopped. With the m/c's the bleeding didn't really stop and it was mostly red.

Unfortunately there is not much we can do to change the outcome but resting and trying to relax will help you emotionally deal with the stress until you know what's going on. I really hope that this will be a happy healthy pregnancy for you  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Feel free to ask me anything you like ... Good luck
Valerie

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hi Nicky,

How many days post transfer are you?

Don't get upset, bleeding is very common in early pregnancy as are mild AF like cramps. I had both in the early stages of my pregnancy. See your Dr if you are still worried tomorrow. i am sure you are still pregnant. If you were having a miscarriage it is more likely that you would have lots of bright red bleeding with clots and lots of pain which does not subside- but even then, some pregnancies survive.

The best of luck and please try not to panic,
Love
Shelly

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh thanks girls, I just never thought it would be like this!! The blood is still there (bright red, no clots) but the pain I had on and off for two hours has gone. I haven't had any pain at all for the whole week I have been spotting which is why these pains scared me so much. I am on my 11th day post transfer, due to test Friday, been spotting since Friday last week but mostly on when I check internally.

I am going to go and rest now and have some dinner.

If god is reading this, please let one or both of my beloved embies live!!

Thanks again ladies.

Nicky xx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.