Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

After our first attempt at IVF we got a positive blood test on the 29th June and are over the moon. I was given cyglogest during the 2ww and finished this on thursday night (1st July). Since finishing the cyclogest I no longer have tender boobs and feel a lot less bloated then I did previously. In a nutshell I guess I am suddenly worried that I am no longer pregnant. I do not go for my 6 week scan until July 13th, so have a wee while to wait until confirmation that there is a heart beat. I am trying to stay positive, but it very hard when you have no signs to keep you going.
I know everyone has extremely different symptoms, but should I be concerned? Also I notice that a lot of other girls are taking cyclogest way on until wk 12 of their pregnancy. Why are some of us kept on it unitl the end of the 2ww and others for longer?
I have had no bleeding so I am taking this as a positive sign that things are still ok, but am very confused and finding it hard to concentrate.
I would appreciate any advice you can give

Thanks
Nina B

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi Nina, ^wave^

Im not a fertility nurse but can only tell you how it was for me when i got my bfp. Firstly congratulations on your bfp! It depends on which clinic you are at as to how long you take pessies, i only had to take mine for 12 days post et. Within 2-3 days of stopping, i too lost my 'symptoms' ie bloatedness and tender boobs, as far as i am aware this can be normal although it feels very worrying to us!!! Cyclogest has a lot to answer for!!!

I know that you will find it hard to relax until you get your scan, but try not to get yourself too stressed.

Hope this helps a bit. Wishing you a happy healthy pregnancy.

Love Nic xx

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Nic
Thanks so much for your advice
I am so sorry that you had a m/c - I really do feel for you and hope that you can move onwards and upwards after the dissapointment. What a nightmare this conception business is hey!!
All the best and thanks again
NinaB

1 - 3 of 3 Posts