Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

After experiences if possible  :-\

When I was changing Lucy earlier I noticed that she had a big red mark on her leg with lots of small blisters and one very big one in it  :'( I hadn't a clue what it was but all I could think was that she had burnt it on the heating pipes in church this morning. (don't ask me why the heating was on!) She did pull a face at one point when she was at that end of the pew and wanted a cuddle but I didn't think anymore of it.

I called NHS direct adn they said to leave it uncovered and I obviously know not to burst the blisters. She also said I could put germolene or similar on it.  At first we thought it may be a bite so she advised Piriton syrup but I don't think that's neccessary now.

What I need to know is has anyone experienced this and if so what did you do? I am so worried about it getting infected  :-\

Thanks

Rachel

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts
Oh Rachel ... Hugs to Lucy  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^  Do what you are doing ... that's the advice my SIL was given ... my SIL burnt her ankle on the pipe on a moped on hols  :(

Try and keep it clean as possible and slap on the germolene.

Bels x

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Hi,

My dh managed to get L sunburnt and he got a blister on his face  :mad: ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^ (dh severly punished!!).  Anyway, went to see the pharmacist and she said to put vaseline on it so the burn doesn't dry out - that way it will heal better.  I did just that (unfortunately L scratched his water blister and it popped) but the burn healed really quickly - in less than a week and the scar is barely noticeable - as it was only 7 weeks ago I expect that he'll grow out of it completely.  I did use sudocrem too (L was continuously covered in either while burn was there) so that might have helped it heal up quicker as well.

Rachel I wouldn't worry too much, these things happen and it will heal up quick - the pharmacist reassured me that burns generally do and just to keep it clean and keep an eye on it.

You should definitely mention it to the church though... that's a bit dangerous and not something you'd expect really...

Hope she feels better soon,  ^hugme^ to you x

1 - 3 of 3 Posts