Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My DS2 who is 4 1/4 months has mild ecezma all over his body and i have been applying burt bees milk and honey lotion as recommended by a friend. I've just noticed on the back that it says "Do not apply on children under 3"  :(  Do you think i've harmed him?? Why do you think its says this? I've emailed BBs but haven't heard back yet  :-\  It seems a shame to stop using it as it seems to work especially when E45 didn't work. What would you do?? I have finally (after over a week) mananged to get him a doctors appointment for today but would you continue using? :(  thanks***

·
Premium Member
5,366 Posts
^hugme^ I'm sure you haven't harmed him. Do you think it could be because of the honey in it and that now only being suitable for over 12 months?
I do think that some companies just air on the side of caution, I'm sure if you pulled the ingredient list apart you would find each thing listed found in many products that are designed for babies and children. Isn't burts bees known for being 'nasties' free?
This isn't the same but ELC recommend that their squeezy paint isn't used with children under 3years, I used that with my son when he was a newborn to do hand and foot prints and have used it numerous times since, he's a good old taste too. The funniest age warning was on a Tesco 'My Babies Bath Mirror' that I bought, on the back it had written not suitable for under 3's ^idiot^ ;D .

I hope everything is OK and yes I would probably continue to use it if I thought it was making a difference maybe just google each of the ingredients to see if anything obvious is raised against use in babies. x

·
Premium Member
18,308 Posts
Maybe you could post on ask a pharmacist to see if they can provide you with more detail about what, specifically, might be in it that's contraband (or if it's just overcautiousness). At least then you could make an informed decision about whether to continue using it.

C~x

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.