Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,

I've been put on a course of buserelin nasal spray and puregon injections but, having read further information on them, I can't understand why.

I have had the basic tests done and they found that I ovulate and dh's sperm is great but there is a hostile environment. My understanding is that the Buserelin shuts my system down and the Puregon artificially stimulates the ovaries to produce eggs, but as I'm doing this anyway why would I be put on this treatment?

Chux

·
Registered
856 Posts
chux said:
hi,

I've been put on a course of buserelin nasal spray and puregon injections but, having read further information on them, I can't understand why.

I have had the basic tests done and they found that I ovulate and dh's sperm is great but there is a hostile environment. My understanding is that the Buserelin shuts my system down and the Puregon artificially stimulates the ovaries to produce eggs, but as I'm doing this anyway why would I be put on this treatment?

Chux
All clinics use this treatment now so that they can control their workload and standardise (to a certain extent) the response form patients.

Good luck!

Peter

1 - 2 of 2 Posts