Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

Buserelin - Headaches/Migraines normal?

5K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  jonut 
#1 ·
Hi Ladies

I am on second ICSI, 18th day of Buserelin and all I've had are cracking headaches and been weepy and the mood swings are out of this world!! Also had a metallic taste in for the first few days but thank god its gone as I lurrve my food!!! :) :)

My worry is I didnt have this on my first round, in fact I felt really well yet this one is making me feel like im having an outer body experience!  ???

Is it normal to be affected so differently? I've lost over a stone since last time, is it that the drugs are taking more of an effect now? 

Only asking as about to start stimming and not sure if it's about to get worse as last time I only got 2/3 headaches at that stage

xxxxxxx

#2 ·
Jonut

I'm on my second ICSI although this time it's short flare protocol.

My first was long protocol and the buserelin made me so poorly.. I had major headaches and mood swings well they were something else!! I've been so much better on the short protocol I only had 1 day of buserelin on it's own and then straight on menopur.. 10 days later EC.. Just wonderful.

Although I don't know if the eggs are of great quality but at least this time I produced as last time it got cancelled..

You will feel loads better once you start menopur..

Hope all goes well. Take Care  ^hugme^

#3 ·
Hi Jonut
I've had pretty constant migraine since starting DRing 2 weeks ago. I've only had a couple of migraine free days! Hope to start stimms tomorrow. On the plus side I've had no mood swings but this could be because I just don't have the energy to waste ;D

Hope things improve for you. Xx ^hugme^ ^hugme^
Smidget xxxxx

#4 ·
Thanks for the replies ladies, much appreciated  ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Hbkmorris - congrats on your eggies, hope ET goes well and you get a BFP very soon!

Smidget - that did make me laugh about not having the energy to have mood swings  ;) I start stimms today and thank crunchie that dose of buserelin goes down to half tomorrow - whoohoo!

Felt a bit worried at my scan this morning they found two fibroids on my left side, didnt have that last time though she did say they picked up on it last time (why didnt they say?!) but apparently it wont affect chances of ICSI working... i hope not but feel its just given me something else to worry about
:-\

Good luck with the next stages and keep in touch :) ^hugme^ ^hugme^
xxxxxxxxxx

#5 ·
Jonut

It's crazy how IVF plays such wicked games on our minds! I feel for you as my 1st ICSI was cancelled due to poor response (just 2 days prior to EC) I was devostated and felt like Mrs Grump for a month! This time with the hepl of Acupuncture & Reiki I've been alot more relaxed and chilled out but I think it also helped that from start to finsh (ET) it's only taken 12-14 days so no time do think whilst DR... and as I said before I think Buserelin is a nasty wicked drug on it's own as my depression was raging.. according to DP he said I was like a cat on a hot tin roof!! Nice! :mad:

On this cycle my Cyst on my left ovary has grown to 4cm so I know your concerns.. I've got to ask the doctor tomorrow what will happen about it? Will it affect a possible pregnancy.

One other thing I've found out is how IVF is a constant rollercoaster & you jump more hurdles that you ever thought you'd every jump in your life!! Once you get over one there's another so don't feel like your on your own.

Keep your chin up and lots of  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^  thoughts.

Take Care x

#6 ·
Hi hbkmorris

thanks for your kind words, was so happy i only injected half my buserelin dose today, and touch wood no migraine.....tho it is still early but the difference it makes i cant describe! or maybe its not the drugs and its me being happier that im moving on!  ;) a rollercoaster it really is!

What did the doc say about ur cyst? hope alls ok. im trying not to google to find out about fibroids and icsi success rates!  ^bigbad^

So your ET is set for tomorrow? oh wow hope all goes well, let me know how u get on.
lots of dividing an implanting thoughts going out to you  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

xxxxxx

#7 ·
Hi Jonut

Yep the migraines are horrid.. I really never like the buserelin action.. particually on the long protocol.. Once you start Menopur you'll feel loads better.. trust me  ;)

I'm going to re-ask the question tomorrow about my Cyst as she wasn't concerned at EC so i'm a tad confused. My thoughts of concern are with ET and the side affects should I get my dream of preggers.. Won't it cause pressure and poss burst?!?! Mind you there's not much they can do now so I guess if it all fails I could have a lap to have it drained... Who knows ah  :-\ ^idiot^ :eek:

Thanks for all you positive thoughts.. I had acupuncture today and he said that if I keep positive attitude then good things should happen.. That along with Reiki tomorrow night.. more positive vibes.. Lets hope ah.

Good luck with your treatment and injections.. I really don't think the fibroids will affect ICS as the ICSI process is about good quality eggs and fairly good sperm.. once injected they should get jiggy and fertilise.. Trust me with all thats wrong with me I had some good eggs.. I just can't say if my body wants to be pregs.. Plus I'm overweight & an ex smoker so you keep the faith muffin.

Take Care x

#8 ·
Hi Hbk,

How did ET go? Any side effects? Hoping the next two weeks goes well for you  ^hugme^ ^hugme^
Yeah i think if they thought the cyst was a problem they would have said by now ?? ???

Yes migraines gone, just in time to go out for my birthday and enjoy some dancing and choc cake, yummy!  ;) ;) ;) Not feeling anything downstairs yet after taking the Gonal F for 3 days now, wonder when/if I'l feel anything growing I think I remember last time feeling a bit ready to burst and like someting was goin on down there!  :-\ :-\

Jiggy! ha ha yes thats what we need some good jigging and a BFP, getting excited about EC hopefully around 2nd may all being well.
Can i ask what ur acupuncurist works on when he treats you? not sure about chucking mine in as she doesnt tell me much just says after checking my pulses that everything is 'less wiry' but doesnt say specifically what she wants my treatment to do, ie work on blood flow, strenghten this or that, shes not even mentioned working on my follicles yet ive started that stage  ::) ::) ::)

Also a v personal question but what was DH sperm count? Just found out my DH was less than 50,000 when tested last june!!! Clearly they think thats viable enough for ICSI but sounds like naff all to me! Still, weve been being good so hopefully that's improved in a year  ^pray^

Hope ur Easterweekend is relaxed, sticky thoughts to u  ;) ;) ;)
xxxxxxxx

#9 ·
Jonut

Glad the heads have subsided a tad.. don't want one of those with sunshine beautiful. WOW Birthday?? Happy Birthday to you... Have a wonderful day my dear  ^daisy^    ^birthday^ ^gift^

You may ask anything you like... My DP's sperm count was 0.8 of a mil so trust me your DH is fine for ICSI. Out of his very small sample they were able to get enough to fertilise my embies. My cons said that other than a low count everything else about his little swimmers was fine so I'm sure you'll be just fine. Just remember that the fewer the eggs the better the quality (that hat my cons said) and it was right in my case! I never thought it would be possible to have any free to freeze.

My Acu man says I'm always of a flutter when I get there, he too checks my pulse constantly... I have digestive problems which he attends to and the one's he puts some somewhere else to help with the blood flow to my uterus and some in my ears which helped the quality of follies (eggs) & with the pituitary glands. I'd ask more question.. I ask loads everytime and to be fair his great with me.

Hope that all helps you... Enjoy your Easter Holiday..

Take Care Hx

#10 ·
Hi Hbkmorris

how are you getting on in the 2ww? hope ur well and enjoying the sunshine. Thank you for the birthday wishes, had a lovely time  ^hugme^ :) :)

Yeah sounds like we are same, everything else is ok apart from v low sperm count, so ^pray^ ^pray^

Headaches are negligible, feels wonderful, have done 6 days of stimming and have a scan this Wednesday, hoping for some good follicles :) Wow i didnt know that about the eggs, so less is more  ;) ;)

I need to find a new acupuncturist not sure this is a good move at this stage but really dislike my lady after she kept me waiting 20 mins cause the person b4 me was late but then thought it was ok to cut me short and hand me my jacket ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^ charming!!!

Enjoy the rest of the bank holiday, sticky thoughts to u, let me know how u get on
xxxxxx ^hugme^ ^hugme^

#11 ·
Hi Jonut

I'm doing ok.. Yesterday was a bad emotional day, felt very depressed and was convinced AF was coming as I had light cramping and I never slept the night before for hot & cold flushes.. Most bizarre. Anyway after going to bed last night at 8pm and sleeping all the way through until 8am this morning I feel loads better  ;)

I'm only on day 4days past transfer and i'm already going cuckoo I've never known anything so draining.. I've decided to go back to work tomorrow part time.. well leave 2 or 3ish.. I know everyone says rest but there's truly only so much resting you can do and the more I lie and rest the more I check the internet out for IVF success rates so I'm best being at work!

Good luck with your scan.. let me know how you get on. Yep less is better.. something todo with egg quality.. Well thats what my cons say's anyhow.. who knows she maybe wrong!

Gad the headaches are giving you a break.. blooming DR is very harsh on the old head!! So when do they think EC will be for you? I guess you'll know more come Wednesday.

Your acu women sounds vial.. how rude her giving you your coat.. it wasn't your fault the previous ladt was late!! Cheeky C*w. I went to see mine on Saturday and his done some work on my uterus (blood flow) and said I was in good shape!! All be it only on the inside as the outside is a rather large size 16 and not getting smaller thanks to these treatments.. Fingers crossed I will be even larger come 3 months.. I  ^pray^  everyday.

Hope your having a wonderful easter holiday.. only 3 more days and another 2 yipeeeee xx

#12 ·
Hi hbkmorris,

Oh I feel for you, its madness trying not to think about something, I find all it does is make u think all about the thing you're meant to not be thinking about  ;) ;) Ha ha stay away from the internet, tho its so hard I know! Im googling everything at the minute, next one after sending this is alkalizing foods as its menat to be a etter environment for the embie, well so someone says  ;)

So glad ur AF did not come and u had a marathon sleep  :) :) Do they advise massages at this stage? Hope ur getting some relaxation in.

Scan in two days with possible EC next Monday, if not then another scan and EC later that week. Getting excited but bit nervous ive not lost enough weight or that im eating the wrong foods. Yeah bloomin acupuncture woman makes me more angry the more I think about it, so am going to try and find one tomorrow not sure how who or where but I dont want to give her my £!!

Hope ur enjoying easter too, ive been given two eggs today not the kind i want but am not gonna say no h aha

let me know how u get on, i will keep u posted after wednesday
^hugme^ ^hugme^
xxx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.