Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi wonder if anyone can help me?

im on day 5 of D/R and bit worried, my dh is doing the injections but today he felt that maybe yesterday he didn't withdrawl the buserelin from the bottle just air is this possible?? :(
the needle aint reaching the fluid so he tips it upside down to get it out but he is worried about yesterdays one.
He could just be wrong and worrying but now im really worried wot if we didn't do it rite yesterday? :'(

I dont want to ring the clinic scared they will say cancel the tx and have to wait to start again i really dont want that, this is all new to me and im so worried now :(

If anyone has any advice would be very grateful
thanks Louise xxx

Registered
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i have an appointment for a scan on 10th (next tuesday) and dh says cant we just carry on with injections and see wot happens at the scan next wk?

Registered
I was taught to fill the syringe completely with air.

Then turn the bottle upside and put the needle in. If there's a rubber bung thingy there, don't worry, none of it will come out!

Hold the needle and bottle both upsidedown like this and inject all the air from the syringe into the bottle (this prevents a vaccuum from forming inside the bottle).

Then draw up the amount you need.

Then flick the needle to remove air bubbles and take the needle out (bottle and needle STILL upside down!).

The only way he could have withdrawn air was if the bottle wasn't upside down, so it's always important to keep it upside down when you're doing it.

I did read about someone who forgot their injection and they were fine and still downregged ok. I wouldn't worry too much.

Registered
Hi Louise,

just carry on as normal, i am sure it will be fine, just get DH to make sure all the air is out. It is worrying isn't it but i am sure it will be fine.

Good luck 聽^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Julia
xxxx

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks, we weren't told to fill it with air 1st just to fill it with the fluid and wasn't told to do it upside down just straight in, it wasn't until today that dh said needle wouldn't reach fluid so had to tip it upside down. do u think i should just carry on with injections and see wot happens next wk at scan? maybe it could still work? :(

Registered
Hi Louise,

so sorry to read that you are worried - it is confusing, isn't it? But I agree wiht the other ladies, even IF your dh has filled syringe with air, you would have only missed one dose but have many more days where you take full dose. It should be ok. How much do you take? I started on 0.5 ml once a day and am now on a double dose (0.5ml twice a day, makes 1.0ml per day).
It is helpful to tip the bottle upsite down to get the liquid once there is less and less in the little bottle.
I was also never told to fill syringe with air and to blow that in bottle. I stick needle in bottle,turn it upside down, suck out a bit more liquid than I need, hold syringe upside down, so any air bubbles settle towards the needle and push out any unwanted air and liquid, back into the bottle.Than I pull the bottle off (it has a rubber seal, so no problem). Then I change needle and inject.

Hope you will be ok. If you want peace of mind, i am sure your clinic would NOT cancel treatmetn just because of one missed dose so go ahead and ring them. It is much more common, that you just have to down reg an extra week (like me!).

Best of luck honey.

Anne

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Anne thanks for ur advice, i've soke to dn and he mentioned it to few of his mates and they said dont think he could of injected air into me cos if he did it would make me sick and fit as the air would block my ateries so think im safe really ???

Im on 0.5ml of buserelin. i dont mind if i have to d/r for another wk if it makes it all ok. my dh said i have nothing to worry about and cos my womb and ovaries etc are so healthy the injections up until our scan next wk should work and make me d/r. so fingers crossed ha
Louise xx

Premium Member
Hello Louise

Please don't be worried to phone the clinic for advice hun. It is highly unlikely they would cancel the treatment but its always best to ask their advise about things like this.

Good luck

Love

Emma xx

Registered
Hi Louise,

I see you are also on teh May/Juen Bugs thread - I nearly gaveup posting there as there is SO much chatter. I cannot keep up with personlas at all.
Just a brief comment: no worries about injecting air. Even IF your DH has managed to do this it is not dangerous because you do not inject into your blood stream, but subcontaneous (spelling??). Thsi means the liquid goes through your skin and part of the fat layer towards the muscles, but not diectly into the blood stream., Only air directly injected into hte blood stram is dangerous.I knwo becuase I was worried about somethign similar and asked.

Goos luck hun!

Caroline

1 - 9 of 9 Posts