Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted a quick little post to mourn the end of breastfeeding for us.  I am proud that we managed to keep going for this long, in the early days I had to take it one day at a time, and always thought I would stop at 6 months and it would be a struggle to get that far.

now at almost 8 months I think our breastfeeding days are over, and while I'm glad it has come to a natural end (she now prefers the bottle, and I am drying up), I will miss it.

that's all.

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ps. just a quick thankyou to all those who have helped me out in my breastfeeding, particularly in the early days when I thought i was doing  it all wrong xx

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Huge hugs!I am trying to start gradually coming to a stop too. I think I have reached a point where, while it will make me sad, the relief will be greater than the sadness if I stop, if that makes any sense. So I guess it's time for us too. Well done for making it so far!!! Every day you have breastfed your lo counts!!!
X

·
Registered
999 Posts
Well done for persevering through those tough times!!  Best of luck to you and your LO xx

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
well done honey ^bow^

you have done a brill job and remember how hard it was for you in the early days

love
Suze xx

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Awwwe Piepig. This happened to me last month too very sad  :'(  but I was aiming to stop before 1yr anyway.

I had been combination feeding for about 6 weeks. DS started waking up during the night and one night I offered him a bottle to see what he would do and he drunk 6oz (he only ever drinks between 4 and 6 oz) so I realised my milk supply was low. The next day I didnt BF and I didnt even get engorged.

DS still prefers to get his bottle from me so I still get special cuddles.  :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.