Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I am just pregnant but i am already wandering if i can choose to have a section or will i have a normal birth. In my first pregnancy my ds was breech and i had elective c section at 39 weeks. the experience was wonderful and i am now scared of giving birth naturally.  plus does pnd re occur if you have had it before?

Sarah

·
Premium Member
6,142 Posts
Hi,

You can have a section due to having one before, but as your last one wasn't for any thing that happened during the labour last time, there doesn't seem to be any reason why you couldn't have a straight forward labour and normal delivery this time.  Your consultant will probably recommend you to try for a normal delivery, but if you feel so strongly about it, discuss your fears with him/her, and they may be able to help, or agree for you to have another section.  I'm not sure on exact figures for pnd recurring, but you are likely to have it if you have had it before.  However, other factors can affect it, such as how your pregnancy has been, if you are more settled in other areas of your life etc.  You may be able to have cyclogest pessaries following delivery, which cn help to just balance your hormones a bit more,

all the best,

emilycaitlin xx

1 - 2 of 2 Posts