Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
^hello^

I hope this is in the right place.

I had a C-Section 9 and half months ago and it is still very very numb and sometimes painful, Zak was climbing up me yesterday and made a grab for me and in the midst of his climb nipped exactly on the scar and boy, I nearly went through the ceiling  :'(

My question is (if anyone can help) should it still be this numb and especially painful. I don't want to go to the docs/nurse/health visitor unneccesarily so thought I ask here first.

Many thanks in advance

Love

Shezza

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Hi Shezza

My scar is still partially numb and some days hurts more than others. My SIL who's had 2 c-sections said the numbness takes a few years to go. For me its normally worse if I'm tired or not feeling so well.

love

Camilla

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Hi Shezza

I've just been talking about this earlier with some of my mates who have also had c-sections.  We all mentioned that it still feels itchy, numb and lumpy.  Mine can be painful especially after my DD has been climbing all over me - you know how it is!

I think if you are worried you should still mention it to your GP.

Terri xx

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hi shezza

I'm the same.  Mine itches like mad and gets quite sore.

Hope this helps to reassure you that you're not on your own.

Love

Shelly_anne xxx

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
hi,

i had a section 6 years ago and the scar is still numb a good inch all round!

Cheryl

·
Registered
299 Posts
you have all got me worried now! - I am having to have an elective c-section due to the risk of my Multiple Sclerosis flaring up during child birth.

Are all c-section scars bad - or is it only emergency c-sections that cause bad scars?

those of you who had c-sections if you had the choice would you have another one?

I am a bit scared of having one but also scared of what else might happen if I didn't have one - but still really unsure of what to do

Noodles

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hi Noodles,
I had a planned c-section (breached baby) but I didnt have any of those symptoms. I even asked the nurse to stop giving me drugs (they give morphin for a couple of days) because I has worried about the drugs getting into my breast milk and I didnt even have any pains. So much so that I had to remind myself not to overdo it because it is still major surgery. I was up and about v.quickly and couldnt wait to go home (hospital food  ^confused^ ). My scar was red on one side for a few months, but now it's completely invisible.
So don't worry about that too much  ^afro^ . Good luck with it anyway, fiwi

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
Hi Noodles

Please don't worry. My scar isn't too bad, and is improving as time goes on.  I think with an elective C-section they are a little bit more neat. Mine is below the bikini line, not that I wear bikinis!!

I probably would go for a c-section again, I didn't even get to the push stage with my labour before I had my section and I thought that hurt badly enough!

If they are advising a c-section because of your MS, I would go for the c-section as they probably have a good reason for doing so.

I recovered pretty quickly afterwards, at least I wasn't sore down below ::).

love & hugs

Camilla

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^hello^

Thanks everyone for your replies, glad to see I aint alone and I guess we all suffer the same after a c-section. Will just try to be a little bit more careful when it comes to Zak climbing all over me  :)

Noodles, I think I actually would have another section but then again I wouldn't  ??? If I had to then it wouldn't be the end of the world, you know what I mean. Mine was an emergency too so I think for an elective section then I guess they would be neater and more careful etc. In emergencies they just wanna get the bubbas out don't they!

Thanks again guys

Much love

Shezza

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hi shezza

i had my c-section 8 years ago and it is still numb and very painful when i cough and sneeze, i saw a consultant the other day and he said soreness can be due to weak ligamnets around the scar tissue and there was nothing to worry about. Hope this helps.

Jue Jue 2xx

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hi noodles

didn't mean to worry you hun!!!

Mine was a planned section and my scar is very very neat and below bikini line.

I would have another one cos I was really worried like you but afterwards I asked myself what all the fuss was about.

I think like everything there are good and bad aspects of it.

Hope this has reassured you a little

Love

Shelly_anne xxx

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
Hi,

I have been interested to read this thread as I've been a bit concerned recently because I can still 'feel' my c-section scar and wondered if it would ever get back to normal. Although it wasn't an emergency c-section I had an extra bit cut as our ds was so large they couldn't get him out, and this bit definately tingles more than the rest.

Noodles - Although mine wasn't an emergency it wasn't planned either and I really struggled to come to terms with having to have a section. I think maybe if it had been planned then I'd of had time to come to terms with it beforehand and things would have been different, but as it was I felt cheated. The actual op was absolutely fine, I'd even go so far as to say I enjoyed it!! Physically the worst thing about it is the recovery time (not helped in my case as I got an infection) but you need to weigh up whether the risk of an MS flare-up would hinder you more and/or for longer.

Would I have another section???.....despite all the above, if I had to have another then it wouldn't be the end of the world. The priority really is is getting the baby out in the safest way possible and look on the bright side, at least the pelvic floor doesn't get so much of a battering!! Best of luck whatever you decide.

Chux xx

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
HI Shezza,

If it is in one particular place on the scar that is really tender cos if so, you might have a neuroma - a bundle of nerve cells that accumulates together and causes exactly the kind of feeling you explain where you hit the roof. If thats the case you can have it cut out surgically, but that would be the only treatment.

Regards,

Suzy

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
^scared^

OMG Suzy, it is in one place only and Zak managed to find it to perfection! I might have to go and see my doc then, just to reassure me more than anything.

Thanks

Shezza

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.