1 - 20 of 261 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Home Girlies!

Boy, what a fab Mod God am I!!!!!!!!!!  ;D ;D

Round of applause for the self appreciation society! ^chuckle^ ^chuckle^

May we happily cackle and crackle to out hearts content!

Love
Dee
xxx

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh Thanks Woppa!

Big Head ... BUT ... I know!!!!!!!!

I am so proud of me!

LOL
Dee
xxx

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Hi all

Dee - hope you are feeling better, the cough isn't pleasant is it? :eek: Your work colleague is certainly jammy swanning off round the world! Your niece sounds sooooo funny! and you are another golf widow too?

Carol - thanks for letting us know about Lind.

Fee - wow a good singer! I am TOTALLY tone deaf! our godson is 2.5 and scrum! I am so so so sorry about what has happened to you on Friday............. shocked is probably totally appropriate so god knows how you must be feeling. I know that you spoke with someone before you started this cycle (counsellor put you in touch with someone), can you get in touch with that person again and talk it through with them?

Dawn - how ^sunny^ !!!!!!! Sounds wonderful including your bargains! Welcome Home! So you have been to the 7* hotel, even if only for 2 glasses of wine, shocking prices!

Fiffi - sure the hair will calm down! ^shocked^

Kim - Joe likes chalk? ? ? ;D I'm sure it can't do them any harm as it does feature quite a lot at school, perhaps he just wants to go to school already? ? ? ;) Go for your consultation and see how you feel but Kim you'll find a way, please don't worry!

Michelle - welcome over here and sorry about your news but we'll keep you as insane as us!

Gail - accounts course! yuck ;) sod the house work is what I say! Get your backside to Stratford in April, it's good fun! and it isn't far from Leamington Spa! On that thought I really must get myself booked for Stratford!

Leni - glad the smear went OK, I guess we get used to that routine stuff now! Your nurse sounds good.

Janie - your walk yesterday sound brilliant!

Caron - welcome over here as well!

Nic - so there is another Pop Idol fruitcake on here! Sadly I love it!

Claire - (Jazzie) - I really think you need ANOTHER pair of boots, then you have 1 for every day of the week!

LB - your lunch sounds healthy as does the walk! I love Susanne too, think she is different!

Great weekend, thankfully the M25 was fine on Friday after work (everyone went the other way round avoiding Heathrow due to Concorde) which meant that we did the journey to Daventry in 2 hours! Babysitting our godson this weekend (2.5) and my niece (nearly 5) were my brother (niece's dad), Clark and I, and Clark's stepsister! We managed swimming and then Finding Nemo and we were sooooooooo shattered afterwards! Our godson didn't even ask about his parents which was great for us as it made life easy! However, no lie in this weekend as they are both live wires (did find them in bed together though!!!!) :eek: Can't believe it's Monday tomorrow........... and oh god the BSI man is coming............. can I go sick do you think? ;)

Think we need a new roll call as to who's here! Thanks for the new thread Dee, nice one!

Love Sue
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello Cacklers!!!

How proud of me are you?????????????? ;D ;D

::) ::) Ok so I know you aren't touched by my major achievement BUT .......... I AM so nah nah nah nah!!!
^NahNah^ ^NahNah^ ^NahNah^ ^NahNah^ ;D ;D ;D ;D

AND .......

Dawn - So what happened to being out walking and no gossip! :( :( Resolution knackered already??? ;) ^NahNah^ ;)
Can't belive the Burj Al Arab wouldn't let you in!!!!!!!!! :eek: ;) ;) :eek: You should have said you knew me ... we had a great time there! ;D ;D

Gail - Stop letting the woman who is not meant to be on here .. cause she is meant to be out walking .. lead you astray! ;D ;D If you are going to be led astray- please provide the promised holiday gossip! 8) 8)

LB - Quiche is never sin free on WW ... you must be doing red/green SW days? Good luck mate!

Leni - Hope all your family are ok soon and give you a break from hospital visiting. xxxxxxxx

Sue - Sounds like a fab weekend! Children between the ages of 2 and 6 are just the best ... they say all the right wrong things! ;D ;D
Good luck with the BSI git! xxxx

Loads of Love to everyone
Dee
xxx

PS ... cause it is a new thread ........

^sunny^ 28 sleeps to go! ^sunny^

PPS ... like my new rainbow logo??? (thx Tony! xx)

Somewhere over the rainbow, way up high
Theres a land that I heard of, once in a lullaby
Somewhere over the rainbow, skies are blue
And the dreams that you dare to dream. really do come true!

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PPS - Sorry Paula, mate!

^Cuddle^ ^Cuddle^ ^Cuddle^
Dee
xxx

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hi

Just a quick one before my lovely bath.

Dee - Clever girl starting your first new thread and I love the rainbow icon, 2004 will be hear before we know it ;D oh and yes I'm a teacher so your very best behaviour please at all times ^shake^ ^shake^ ^shake^

LB - I voted for Andy and Suzanne last night, but also really didn't want Leon to go. I love POP IDOL

Claire - sounds like to have had a right horrible cold, 4 weeks is a long time to feel unwell ^Cuddle^

Dawn - I hope the £40 wine was worth it, I would have wanted 4 bottles for that ;D

Leni - Go on take the plunge and apply for that job, I really enjoy it and also think of the long holidays!!! :D ;D

Well off to relax now and plan lots of jobs for DH to do next week as he's off with me ;)

Love
Nic
x

·
Registered
665 Posts
Blimey...this thread is so busy...as usual ;)

Just popped in to see how everyone is getting on,thinking of you all
luv
juel xx

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
It's official
You're all wonderful! I've just spent nearly a half an hour catching up on the posts and am bowled over by the support and understanding on here. Thanks and xx

Dee - thanks for the thoughtful comments. I've actually printed them out so that I can write out some questions and things i want to say to our consultant today. I really want to be prepared, and this really helped!

Sue - your Godson and dn sound delicious! We also went to see Finding Nemo this weekend. Really enjoyed it. Bit about only one egg left was a bit poignant tho!

Michelle - so sorry about your negative. This is the place to be - fast and furious and totally there for you!!

Welcome too to Caron and HUGE hugs for your IM :-*

Dawn - hardly recognised you - practically a telegram compared to your pre Dubai posts. £40 for 2 glasses of wine! Perhaps if food was taxed here we'd all be stick thin!!

Paula - My boss can be really self-centred. You can imagine I haven't told her about txt!! I finish work at 1 and she always expects me to work late. I said on Friday "I have to go as I have a hospital appointment at 2pm" and she was really fishing - but I just kept telling her I was fine. No details. I expect she's in a panic that I'm pregnant! Good!

lots of love to everyone.

b.t.w - LOVE the rainbow logo Dee xx

Fee xxxx

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
^spin^ ^spin^ ^spin^ ^spin^ ^spin^ ^spin^ ^spin^ ^spin^ ^spin^ ^spin^ ^spin^ ^spin^ ^spin^ ^spin^ ^spin^ ^spin^
^daisy^
Hi everyone,
we had a lovely 1st anniversary ,thankyou for your good wishes,
we had a yummy meal on sat night,then sunday morning we got dressed up in our wedding gear,had a fry up,bottle of bubbly,opened presse's and cards,danced to our songs,watched the video,looked at photo's,went for a lovely walk with the hound(not in our outfits though)!!so lovely and relaxed,DH is off today so we are going to the coast with chilli-dog,

so now that has bored you all,

just wanted to pop in and say hello to you all and send my love,so many posts since fri!! have not read them all yet but will do,
dee like your rainbow logo!!!

bye for now mmm^smlove^bop.xxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
mmmbop
Just loved the sound of your wonderful, romantic 1st anniversary. You sound just like Julia Roberts!!
Fee xxxx

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi Girls

Thanks for all the welcoming messages - had a crap weekend, but made up for the lack of alcohol in the last two months! ^drunk^ Am starting to feel better now and am already thinking about the next treatment! We also saw Finding Nemo last night - I started crying when the eggs were shown. The poor people next to me must have thought I was a loony!

Any how am now looking to see if me and DH can go away and find some sun and get over our negative! We are going to move clinics and have just filled in the forms for the ARGC - lets hope we have better luck there!

A quick question if you don't mind! - we are going back to our clinic next week for a follow up. How do I ask them for all my notes so that they can be forwarded to the ARGC - without upsetting them! How do people go about changing clinics? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Am now trying to get on with my University work - nightmare have one seminar and one essay to be in by next week and I have done nothing yet!

Hope everyone is having a good day and thanks again for making me feel so welcome.

Michelle

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Cacklers!

Hope you are all well ... me well the rotten cold lingers on so I decided to stay off work today - am happier coughing, sneezing and sniffing in the warmth of my own home. So stayed in bed until 11.00ish (and that was after being in there by 9.00pm last night ^sleepy^) and am now up and dressed in very warm clothes, with the heating and the fire on! I am determined I will beat the bugger!!!

Nic - Happy Half Term! Hope you don't keep DH busy with too many jobs and you manage to have some chill time too.

Fee - Pleased my waffle helped. Good luck for your meeting with your consultant this afternoon. xx

mmmbop - Sounds like an abolutely wonderful first anniversary! Wishing you many more happy anniversaries to come.

Michelle - Just give your clinic a letter asking for a full copy of your notes ... when you ask in writing they are obiliged to provide them to you and you don't need to tell them why you want them. They may charge you a small fee for copying. Good Luck!

Hope everyone is having a good Monday ... I'll be back later no doubt!

Pleased you all like my rainbow!!! ;D ;D

Love
Dee
xxx

^sunny^ 27 sleeps to go! ^sunny^

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The Cracking Cacklers!

In alphabetical order ........

Carol
Caron
CindyP
Claire (Jazzie)
DawnJ
Dee
Fee
Fiffi
GailM
JanieL
Jo
Juel
Kim
Laine
LB
Leni
Maureen358
MelH
MichelleK
mmmbop
Nic (Dolly)
Paula
SueL

I hope I haven't missed anyone! :eek: :eek: Sorry, in advance, if I have - please let me know and I will amend the list!

Love
Dee
xxx

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
And a special reply for .........

PAULA!!!

I saw the News Of the World article yesterday and thought of you immediately ... bad news but with a good result in your household ... I think?!?!?!

Quote from Peter .... "well we'll have to make sure they sort it before we go again"

What a fantastic quote .... now (bossy Dee is here) .... get your ^shake^ over to the RAINBOW CREW .... we are waiting for you!!!

Loads of Love
Dee
xxx

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Hello

Dee, I'm still here, I've got another 5 weeks to go before my tx. That is assuming that it all goes to plan, ie my follicles burst and my womb lining is OK. After reading some posts I've just realised how chancy the timing is with natural FET!

Mmmmbop, congratulations on your anniversary, may they all be as romantic as this first one was.

Paula, can I take it that Peter is being a bit more positve about trying again? It'd be so good if he's coming around. As far as the waxing goes, it's a bit like doing your stims. A quick short pain, over quite quickly.

Well my ovulation monitor has arrived. Because I don't live near the clinic they posted it to me. I must admit the closer I get to FET the more convinced I get that it ain't gonna go right. I keep depressing myself with negative thoughts. The strange thing is that it's most unlike me, I'm normally a very optimistic person but since the miscarriage I've become a bit paranoid. I'm trying to snap out of it 'cos I know I should think positive happy thoughts to get myself ready, at least I'm managing to lose some weight.

Have started my Xmas shopping this morning which was a bit strange. We're planning to visit the family in a couple of weeks and deliver out Xmas pressies. After the tx I plan to stay close to home. I'm not taking any chances as this will be my last go. Because of my age we've both decided that we will not go for any more tx but will instead go down the adoption route if this doesn't work. It will be weird because in 40 years I've never had a Xmas without seeing my family on Xmas day. We normally all get together for Xmas tea, but even if the tx doesn't work I won't see them as I'm going to get my DH to whisk me off on holiday. So fingers crossed I'm going to spend this Xmas lying on a sofa watching my tummy grow and going to the loo every 5 seconds.

Hope everyone else is keeping well.

love
Cindy

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Cindy

So sorry ... I have amended the list! ::) ::)

Where are you planning on being whisked away to for chrimbo?

Love
Dee
xxx

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi Dee

I haven't posted for ages but I check up every day to see how everyone is doing. I'm due to start next IVF on day 21 of my November cycle so I'm just waiting patiently!! Well I'm trying really hard.

My dh had the cyst removed from his testicle last week and apparently there had been a complication from the last operation so that was sorted as well. Hopefully, that's the end of it. The surgeon assured us that the operation will have no affect on our next txt. It didn't that last time so we're not worrying about that.

I can't keep up with you all but as I said I do read the posts every day. I can't help it, I like to know how everyone is getting on.

So best of luck to everyone and hopefully it won't be too long till we all start the next round of the rollercoaster.

Take Care

Maureen

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Maureen

Good to hear from you - and sorry I missed you of the list ... I just went back the last 10 pages or so!

Pleased you hubby got the cyst sorted out and good luck for your treatment .. not long to wait now! ;D ;D

Love
Dee
xxx

PS - Have amended the list. xx

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hi All,

Sorry for not being around for a few days - been dragging my dh over the countryside with furry friend!
Dh is now recovering back at work!!!

I've read all the messages from the last thread but haven't been able to remember them so sorry if I've missed out on things!

Dawn - welcome back - good to hear from you again! Sounds like you had a great (if drinkie expensive) time!

LB - Furry friend is lovely thanks. Must brush him for his visit to the kennels. Mind you, I've just found out that his best friend will be there at the same time so I've rung the kennels to tell them and hopefully get adjoining rooms and play times together. That will make me feel less guilty about leaving him!

Sue - have you gone back to work for a rest?!?!

Dee - well done - you've achieved your aim Mod God!!! By the way - can I join the rainbow club? I'm stil hoping and hoping to start in 2004 (dh willing!)

Nic - hope you ahd a good bath! Lots of bubbles!!!

Paula - great news about Peter - sounds like he's turned a corner. Let's hope my dh follows suit!! Sorry to hear about your friends mum

Fee - good for you!!! ;D

Michelle - I rang the clinic andspoke to the receptionist. I said that I wanted the notes for me. I asked if this was normal and she said that most people ask for their notes if they want to change clinics or are thinking about stopping. I made a fuss about saying that I didn't want to upset anyone and that I jsut wanted to see if I could understand mopre. I'm sure they didn't bellieve me but i felt better as I did actually say that I didn't want to upset anyone. Honesty is the best ploy I've found. As Dee said you ahve to do it in writing and you may find that they don't ask why anyway.

Cindy and Maureen - good luck for your tx's

Well, off to Bruges on Wednesday and I can't wait.

I've had a bad evening - my tenant (lives in the house I had before i married dh - I'm not loaded honest!!) rang to say that she's just had a miscarriage. I was very sympathetic and I was very sorry for her... and this is going to sound awful... but she's living in my house via DSS - they pay everything from the rent to the bills - and she's already a single mother at 21 (child aged 2)with no partner. She said that the fella had run off (again) after she'd told him. Honestly, our tax money go to pay for her to live in a house it took me until I was 30 to be able to afford and now she's having babies with people who run off and leave her to claim more money from the tax payer!! She seems to be able to get pregnant at the drop of a hat without the responsibility to look after them without the council! She's got no intention of getting a job to pay her own way. (By the way, I have a good friend in the same situation who is struggling not to go on the DSS 'cos she sees it as a failure!) How can people do this!!!!! I feel that I can't have children myself but have to pay for irresponsible people like her to have them! I'm sooo angry and upset! (But then she is too I'm sure and that's mean of me!!) Can't she put a cork in it though!!??Aaaaaarrrrggghhh!!!!!!

OK - rant over and sorry if I've upset anyone with my views but I had to let it out!

I think a few days in Bruges are certianly needed - I just hope that I can keep bottling my emotions so that dh doesn't get it. I can't let him see too much in case he goes off the idea of tx even more! Got good friends (and you lot) to speak to but haven't managed to get it off my chest since my -ve at all. Can't go there yet.

Anyway, sorry for this megalong message and again, sorry if I've offended anyone - unintentional I promise.

love
Janie xxx

·
Premium Member
6,838 Posts
Hi Girls
Can I join please.....................................

We had another failure on Saturday, not sure what or where we are going next, (another go at IVF, or adoption), but this a good place to stay at the moment.

Take care everyone
Jo
x x x

1 - 20 of 261 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.