Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Peter

I am very lucky enough to be 37 weeks pregnant following IVF/ICSI treatment. I developed polyhydramnious at 30 weeks, and whilst the excess fluid has now decreased it has been suggested by my hospital that I have an elective caesarean due to the fact that I'm carrying a very large baby, my age of 39, and that it is a very precious IVF baby!

As my partner and I have frozen sperm in storage I just wanted to ask whether there are any risks involved with regard to future embryo implantation if we were to embark on any further attempts at IVF/ICSI, if my uterus will have scar tissue from a caesarean this time round.

Thank you for your help

Jools

·
Registered
856 Posts
Jools said:
Please see my comments in your text:

Hello Peter

I am very lucky enough to be 37 weeks pregnant following IVF/ICSI treatment. I developed polyhydramnious at 30 weeks, and whilst the excess fluid has now decreased it has been suggested by my hospital that I have an elective caesarean due to the fact that I'm carrying a very large baby, my age of 39, and that it is a very precious IVF baby!

Sounds very sensible to me!

As my partner and I have frozen sperm in storage I just wanted to ask whether there are any risks involved with regard to future embryo implantation if we were to embark on any further attempts at IVF/ICSI, if my uterus will have scar tissue from a caesarean this time round.

No, there will be no problems arising from the C section.

Please don't forget to have a look at my information on stem cell storage for your baby. The link at the bottom of me message will take you to the site.

Regards,

Peter

Thank you for your help

Jools

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much for your reply which has reassured me.

I will check out the link you mentioned about stem cell storage.

Kind regards
Jools

1 - 3 of 3 Posts