Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am due to start sniffing synarel tomorrow and wondered
if I should give up caffeine during the treatment. I probably drink about 2 cups of tea and a cup of coffee a day.
I know it may sound like a silly question and a bit late in the day to be asking but obviously my head is banging with questions at the moment.
Are there any other food stuffs that you advise to give up?
Thanks
Liz x

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Hi Liz,

When I starting stimming on puregon, I was advised to keep caffeine to a minimum, as it is a diuretic, so I drank one cup of tea a day and left it until when I got home from work, so I had something to look forward to. You could try something like Redbush tea that has no caffeine - my DH drinks it for his ulcerative colitis but I have to admit, is an acquired taste and I cannot get use to it  ::)

I also found while stimming that I was so thirsty that tea/coffee would not have been sufficient to quench my thirst.

But during d/r I admit I did drink caffeine as normal  :(

Also Marilyn Glenville recommends a max of 3 cups a day whilst pregnant, so looking forward on a positive note, best to get into the habit now.

Best of luck,  ^reiki^

Natalie xxx

·
Registered
387 Posts
Hi

I was told to avoid caffeine but I do like my tea - but simple, just buy decaf tea and coffee - problem solved!!!!

Kim
x

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for those tips. I'll go out now and stock up on decaf!!!!!!!!!!!

Liz x

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.