Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i am new to fertility friends, I have just started on 22nd April my first course off IVF.  Been ttc for five years. Am not sure what to expect and am felling really anxious.  Any encouraging words of advise would be much appreciated. 

Thanks all  ???

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Dear Dolly Daydream

Just wanted to wish you lots of good luck for your IVF cycle.  It is really daunting and it is definitely also an emotional rollercoaster but my advice is to take things stage by stage, be kind to yourself (including getting as much rest as you can), and try at all times to keep focused on the desired result.  I am sure that you will find loads of support and advice on this site which will really help you get through your cycle - I found the site during my first 2 week wait and I'm not sure how I would have managed without it. 

Good luck ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Ellie

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks very much that means alot.  Just keeping everything crossed really. XX

·
Registered
261 Posts
Welcome to FF :)

I havent started tx yet so have no idea what to expect either , just wanted to welcome you :)
take care and the the best of luck for your tx, all fingers and toes crossed for you lol

dolly daydream said:
Hi i am new to fertility friends, I have just started on 22nd April my first course off IVF. Been ttc for five years. Am not sure what to expect and am felling really anxious. Any encouraging words of advise would be much appreciated.

Thanks all ???

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
^hello^ Dolly daydream
& Welcome to FF

Ooh, how exciting for you to be starting on your IVF journey, although I understand totally that it is daunting to begin with! ^reiki^ I wish you the best of luck ^reiki^

I am going to leave you some direct links to boards here on FF - that you may or may not have found, I would like to encourage you to post in these areas to build friendships and support from members who really do have an understanding of your situation,

Starting out & Diagnosis ~
CLICK HERE

What Every New Member Needs to Know ~
CLICK HERE

A rough guide to IVF
http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/content/view/106/3/

IVF General CLICK HERE

And don't forget to have a bit of fun while you are on FF and check out the general chit chat / jokes / hobbies area

G&B - Community Fun board
CLICK HERE

To make the site easier to navigate click on the index tab at the top of any page - pink hearts mean there is something new within the board you have not read/looked at and if you scroll right down you will see the last ten posts from all over FF all are clickable ;) if you refresh this page (f5) it will update the last ten posts as well as the boards/threads and who's online!!!
take some time to look at the help tab too ;)

Check out the Locations boards for where you live & a site search for your clinic ;) I found this really useful to gain information on local clinics and alot of areas have meets through support groups, which is great, if that's your type of thing.

Wishing you Friendship ^fairydust^ & ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
^goodluck^ Dont forget to let us know how you get on!

If you need any help just ask!

Louj x :) ;D

·
Registered
526 Posts
Hi dolly day dream, the only thing i can say is expect the unexpected. No 2 people are the same and no 2 cycles are the same. The main thing is though be healthy and be positive. This will be the hardest thing you will do but even though i dont have the best track record ivf does work and i have a crazy 3 yr to prove it.
Good luck x

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi Dolly Daydream - welcome to THE most fantastic site!!  :)  I totally agree with billsmummy - no 2 people are the same and no 2 cycles either.  I've had two already and they were quite different and I felt quite different so don't try and compare yourself to anyone else you're talking to who might be having IVF!  My DH and are starting our third cycle end of May so if you want to ask any questions please do so here or don't hesitate to PM me  ;)

Are you on a short or long protocol?  How are you feeling so far, on day 2??!!  It's all very exciting starting and I wish you so much luck and pray for a little miracle for you!  ^pray^  Lots of happy vibes coming your way  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ , take care.

Lots of love Katherine xx :-*

·
Premium Member
13,830 Posts
Hi dolly daydream and welcome to the site :)

You have come to a fantastic place full of advice and support.

I wish you loads of luck with your IVF and that it ends with a positive result.

Kate xx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts