Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ladies

I just wanted to say hi to any of my old friends from BE who have decided to move over here because of the almight balls up BE have made. Feel free to say hello even if we haven't chatted on BE, the more the merrier.  :)

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hello my darling!  Lovely lovely to hear from you.....  How are you doing?  Really hope you're getting on ok sweetie.

This whole BE THING has really shaken me up....am really worried about internet security now.....my DH suggested maybe we should have a private ** group??  But ** could be equally dodgy I guess!  Am just going to have to use fake names, details etc everywhere from now on!  At least on here we can send PM's.

Anyway, hope you're as well as possible, and have some nice things planned for christmas and new year.  Loads of Love xxxxxxx

Hello to any other LTTTCers out there!!!!

·
Registered
429 Posts
hi ladies,

I am on here too as well as over on be in ivf/ac at the mo. Am really saddened to see what happened over on be, though i didnt have my real name used. Anyway, just wanted to say 'hi' xxx

·
Premium Member
2,739 Posts
Hi TBD, just wanted to let you know that you can start a group on ** where you have to be invited to join and that all your posts will be private (I'm part of a group like it on **)  :)

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
what happened? what is BE?

I am part of the single girls thread and a journalist copied part of girls post and put them into an article a few years ago. But I guess it is a public site
Lx

·
Registered
957 Posts
Hi ladies, I'm on here too-same name as you can see. I found the tx support group on here invaluable whilst undergoing tx.
Helen.xxx

·
Registered
208 Posts
Ah, here you all are!!!!!!!
I haven't quite worked out how this site works (seems much more vast than BE) but SOOOOOOO glad you're all over here. Am NEVER going back onto BE again. So annoyed.
However........ with bad news comes good.... I got a very unexpected letter on Friday. We've got the funding (we must've just scraped in my a whisker)!!!!! Cannot quite believe it to be honest. But best Christmas present ever!
Looking forward to more chats, and am so happy I'll still be able to catch up with my fave LTTTC ladies (and the growing brood of PAI progeny!) Hope you're all v well. xxxxxx

ps .... ooh, just spotted, a spellcheck! I'm liking FF already!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Code:
hello girlies!!!  

lilly,  ^banana^  good to 'see' you here.....i've been waiting for you (realise that sounds creepy  ;D  ).  again, am so pleased you got the funding.....it won't be long now hopefully.  ;D  about the spellcheck!!!  FF is pretty massive but actually much more relevant and useful for us IF girls.  so there, BE  ^bigbad^ .

Helen, hi hon, how are you doing?  any news on when there will be embryos available yet  ^reiki^  ?

samsa, hiya!!  where are you at in the journey? have you started treatment yet (i lose track  ^idiot^ )? 

tina, thanks for the info re **, may look into it.

BE girls, i just wondered if anyone would mind if we dont mention this thread specifically on BE too much.....???  i'm paranoid someone might track me down  :o   ::)   ???   - really regret saying so much on these forums now....as much as i love you girls and appreciate the support.  hopefully anyone who we 'know' will find us here anyway???  am i being overly cautious now?

lots of love xxx

·
Registered
274 Posts
sorry girls dont know why it came up in that font!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ooooh, i got all confused as i posted this under the newbies area and it was moved here.

It's so nice to see all of you ladies over here. I've officially been removed from BE now so hopefully none of my private details are in the public domain anymore.

TBD - how is your little one? First Christmas and first snow - i bet you've been taking billions of pics.

Lilly - That is brilliant news. Are you still having to wait until March/April for your treatment?

Helen - I was sorry to read about your FET treatment not working. How are you feeling now? Have you got a plan for what you are going to do next?

AFM - I'm a lot better than i was but still finding things hard. I can't stop thinking about how many weeks pregnant i'd be and how christmas should have been an exciting time for us. I wasn't this bad with my other miscarriages, i definitely think that having to go through IVF/FET to actually get pregnant has made it even worse. Hopefully 2011 will be a better year.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hey WWAF  ^hugme^  ^hugme^  I can imagine it must be worse after ivf after all the time, energy, money and most of all hope invested.  you've been through such a lot over the years though....its bound to take its toll.  i guess maybe you still need time to grieve?  it takes time.  i am still grieving for my twins even though i have my gorgeous LO i still wonder about them all the time, often thinking there should be 3 of them keeping me awake all night....i know how very lucky i am to be in the position i am though.  sorry, turned into a ramble about me!  anyway, i think of you so often sweetie.  have you started to think about the future yet or is it still too early?

as you say, lots of photos going on here!  i feel bad doing baby talk though, i know how hard that is....you guys dont have to just to be polite etc, just good to keep in touch xxxxx

·
Registered
208 Posts
TBD, WWAF, really great you're still both here and in touch... TBD, definitely agree, the less link to BE the better I think. They've said they're going to fully delete me, and all my posts with it. Phew. Silly them! I think they're going to lose a lot of people.
HOW ON EARTH do you get all those lovely emoticons? I've never seen so much flashing going on!! (so to speak...) V cute. Must work out how to do that.... although once I start I have a feeling there'll be more hugging bananas than words on my posts.......
WWAF, sending massive hugs. It must be v tough at the moment. Like TBD, am thinking of you. Hope 2011 brings the good news that you so deserve. And I really hope you manage to have a lovely day on Saturday - lots of mulled wine, mistletoe and prezzies.
AFM, might not even be as late as March / April. They basically said the next thing would be a letter from the gynae dept with my appointment date. So, it's all moving! Finally. I've been having acu with the person you recommended and she's been brilliant. So thanks for letting me know about her. Really looking forward to xmas now - although it's the first year we're hosting and not even sure our rellies will get here! Yikes.
ps - TBD don't be daft about baby talk - I doubt there's a soul who'd resent your good news. I want to know all the latest! I feel sure we'll all get there too at some point - and believe me I'll be shouting about it when the time comes, so why shouldn't you!! xxx
Anyway, big 'BUGS' !!! to you all.

·
Registered
274 Posts
hey girls,

lilly, thank you and bless you....you are so lovely ^hugme^ :-* :-* :-* i do love the emoticons on here! if you click on the blue reply button rather than using quick reply it comes up with a whole host of options. more importantly, thats great things are moving along.....so exciting. we hosted xmas last yr....never again, i never realised how expensive and hard work it is! i didnt sit down all day!! am sure it will be lovely though (just reading back...didnt mean to sound so negative).

afm, we have been tentatively talking about trying for fet early next year (eeeeeekkk). part of the reasoning being if it doesnt work we'll need a while to save up for another fresh go. i feel really pessimistic about fet, especially after your experience with the clinic lilly. but, nothings definite....just ideas.

love tbd xxxx

ps excuse lack of capitals, only get to come on when bf so one handed!

·
Registered
208 Posts
^hugme^
::)
;D ^xmassmile^

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hmmm.... might need a bit of practice at that......

What I meant to 'emote' was: ..................... WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my goodness, that's incredible news about your FET. How exciting! Ooooooh - I really hope it works for you. Don't worry about what happened to me at the L, I think I was just unlucky. Actually their stats are really good. FINGERS CROSSED! And hey, maybe we'll be going for it around about the same time! Now there's a thought.

Totally agree with you re xmas hosting stress...... I can't get my car to waitrose and at this rate we'll all be eating stale water biscuits instead of parsnips! Oh well, at least MrR has done his bit and we've got enough booze to sink a ship. So at least everyone'll be 'merry' if not full up! Actually it's nice to have something to plan and keep me busy ...... I can't stop thinking about potential treatment coming up, so xmas is a good distraction, keeping me positive. I'm so nervous about it all, it really knocked me last year, so I'm dreading going through that again..... BUT NO!!! Not going to slide into that. It's all good news!!!!!!!! Waffling waffling .... am now off to have needles stuck into my head. Oh the joy!!!! xxxxxxx lots of love

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hi there

I'm here too. It's so lovely to see you all here.

I don't come on loads buts its so lovely to have you all here.

V x

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
HI

I would like to say a big welcome to all you ladies. I cant owrk out what BE is so dont know where youve come from but it sounds like youve been through some not so nice fun there.

If you need help with fertility friends or want to find support on some of the wonderful threads we have here just yell and i'll help you.

WE also have a chat room dont know if youve found it yet but please feel free to hop in and chat with other members the link to the chat room is either at the top of the page or you can access it from the bottom of my profile.

Happy Xmas everyone

Brownowl

·
Registered
274 Posts
Lilly, it would be soooo nice if we're cycling together again and hopefully a  ^reiki^  outcome for both of us  ^pray^  .  Yeah I can see xmas would be a good distraction.  Hope the snow is melting where you are.  It's lovely and festive but a bit of a pain!!

BE is another baby forum we were on and they revealed our real names on the website (against our posts about IF).....thanks for that  ^bigbad^  ^bigbad^  ^bigbad^  ^bigbad^  ^bigbad^ .

Cheers for the welcome brownowl! xx

·
Registered
274 Posts
ps  ;D  ;D  ;D  at your emoticons!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
A big Christmas  ^stocking^  to brown owl and ladybird.

TBD - Please don't worry about the baby talk around me, i think that it's wonderful you have your LO and its fab news that you are thinking about FET in the new year. I'm not sure that DH and myself will ever stop grieving for our angels but we are now in the head space to move on. We have our first adoption course in March and are really excited about it, we know that it'll be hard work but feel that physically and emotionally its the route we now want to take to become parents.

Lilly - Glad that you like Susan, she's lovely isn't she. You are extremely brave hosting Christmas day, think we might follow in your footsteps next year though, it'll be nice to have a break from all the travelling we have to do.

Off to scrub the oven now! Oooh, the joys of being a housewife  ::)

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.