Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning,

Just after a bit or advice/reassurance/...... not sure what actually  ;) ;D

I am just finishing my wretched 2ww and on every previous cycle I have bled before my test date (usually between 9 and 12 dpo the bleeding starts) so having got to today (14 dpo) with NO spotting, or blood loss of any description, DH and I really thought we had cracked it... however..... I tested this morning (Clear Blue - normal, not digital) and it was a BFN, so I rang the Lister and told them. They asked if I had had any side effects/symptoms and I said that apart from a big blue vein in each boob (sorry - tmi  :-[) that I hadn't. Anyway, I have been told to continue the cyclogest and to re-test in 2 days - unless I get a bleed of course....... so my agony is not yet over.....

Am I clutching at straws? Is there really any hope that a 14dpo BFN can turn in to a BFP? I suspect not...... I know that I am just clutching at straws  :'( :'(

Reality xx xx

·
Premium Member
12,126 Posts
While i don't want to get your hopes up, yes stranger things have happened...

i got bfn on test day and got positive later (with a bleed too).

If it's a late implanter, this is possible and not unheard of.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you hun!  I so hope it works out for you. ;)

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks hun - I have never felt so numb in all of my tx cycles..... I was absolutely convinced that having got this far with no bleeding/spotting, that my test was going to say BFP............ OMG I am sooooooo scared.

Thanks again hun  :-* :-*

·
Premium Member
12,126 Posts
Oh hun - it's horrible to have to go through this. :(

I so hope it works out for you.

xx

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you  :-* :-*

·
Premium Member
11,096 Posts
^hugme^ hun. Its incredibly tough.

But it is still possible to get a BFP. As Sally said, if its a late implanter then this has been known to happen.

Have got everything crossed for you  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Emma xxx

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks hun - keeping everything crossed that you are both right  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^pray^

:-* :-*

·
Registered
817 Posts
god this is awful i know

may i ask - what sensitivity of test are you using? i always use 10s because that is so low, there's no room for error. if using eg 25s, then i would be praying i jsut wasnt high enough to trigger it.

good luck tomo

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Anna The Third,

I used a ClearBlue (not a digital, just a normal one) not sure what sensitivity they are  :-\ I hope that I am still in with a real chance and that I am not just clutching at straws..... still, I will probably wait and re-test on Monday - hoping and praying that I don't spot/bleed  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^pray^

·
Registered
849 Posts
^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^
for you
best wishes

kate

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank You Kate  :-* :-*

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Hon,

Re the sensitivities - if its a newer clearblue ie. one of the ones which says you can test four days early then it measures at 25iu if its one of the older ones then it will be 50 - the digital ones measure at 25iu as well. First response have been known to show up lower although their official measure is 25iu.

Check out www.peeonastick.com it has some excellent info on preggars tests.

Good luck for retesting.

/links

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This Year - thanks for that hun :-*, Peeonastick has some excellent advice. I have bought 2 more clearblue (normal - not digital) and DH and I have discussed and agreed to re-test on Monday  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^pray^

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
I had a bad experience with First Response, tested negative on 14 days with FR and tested positive with CB digital (same urine sample) so rushed to the clinic and had a BHCG of 297- I would never recommend anything other that CB- in fact FR did refund me my money when I phoned their helpline and complained at the stress etc.
L x

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
cb norm arnt v good,the digi ones are better in that brand.ive had no probs with fr and theyve always been better than cb.i think even the cheapy tests are better than cb.even the ones i bought from pound land.

lots of luck to you lovey ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

hayley

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
JJ1 - Thanks for that hun  :-*.... it's sooooo difficult to know which are the best isn't it.....

Hayley - Thanks Hunny Bunch  :-* :-* - I might pop out and buy a FR as well then.... I might just buy one of every type in the bloomin' chemist......... just to be on the safe side  ;D ;D I tell you, if the 2ww isn't enough to drive you completely  ^idiot^ ^idiot^ then this type of added stress is  ;D ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
295 Posts
Good luck hun
^pray^

Netty

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Hi Reality, think we are on the same thread?

Did you see what happend with Oneday? Her surrogate tested and got a BFN on 14 days but tested a few days later and got a BFP. Don't give up just yet?  ^No AF^

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Netty - Thanks hun  :-* ^reiki^ ^pray^

DandEJohnson - yes hun, we are on the same thread.... fab news about oneday isn't it  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ Also, another thread that I am on (London Girls) a cycle buddy of mine tested at home and got a BFN, went to the clinic for blood tests, went home, spotting and expecting AF to start.... got a call from her clinic with a BFP..... so as you rightly say hun, I am not quite giving up hope yet  ^reiki^ ^pray^ ;) :-*

1 - 20 of 33 Posts