Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - currently going through first ICSI cycle and on day 9 of stimms.

Went for a scan and blood test yesterday and they told me that my blood test results were really high. I have to go again tomorrow when they will test again but now I am panicing that EC will be cancelled and I will be back to square one.

I know that everyone responds differently to these drugs but has anyone experienced the same and then gone on with EC and ET?

Thanks

(First poster so bit unsure about everything!)

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Hey Hun,

I am not medically qualified, but I think I am right in saying that I don't think they will cancel your cycle just because your bloods are high. Was it the E2 they were testing? How are your Follies growing? (how many follies do you have and what size are they?)

They may be a tad concerned about OHSS, which might be why they are being cautious with you. Once they get today's results they may reduce your meds just to ensure that your don't over stimulate.

Try not to fret too much - easier said than done I know - but when they call you later with the results, have a list of questions prepared to ask them, to put your mind at rest - I know how daunting it is when you are actually in the clinic, we forget to ask loads of questions and then as soon as we walk out, we remember what we wanted to ask.

Stay positive hun.

Reality xx xx

·
Premium Member
11,096 Posts
Hello there

Welcome to FF ;D

Why don't you post a 'hello' on the introductions thread? You'll get some links to other pages as well as this one that might be helpful ;)

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=10.0

I'm glad you found us here though. :)

I think you need some more information from your clinic hun about what the test was etc, and what their concerns might be.

Good luck :-* ^reiki^ :-* ^reiki^

Emma x

·
Premium Member
3,504 Posts
Hi there
On my last cycle my E2 levels shot right up to 22000
and my clinic were concerned about OHSS
so i had to coast for 5 days
which basically means you come off the stimulation drugs, and just carry on with the sniffing/jabbing buseralin
I had to have a blood test everyday until my levels started to plateau
once they had dropped i was booked in for EC
My concern was that i thought i would ovulate early, but my clinic assured me i wouldn't as the buseralin would stop that from happening.
I was at a high risk of developing OHSS after EC, so i made sure i drank gallons of water
especially as i had 20 eggs collected, which is quite alot (although not as many as some)
I managed to ward it off, and was fine.
So i really dont think they will cancel your cycle, there are things they can do before they would consider that, and they would only cancel if carrying on was going to be a danger to your health.
Wishing you lots of luck for a positive outcome
Love Danni x x  ^hugme^

1 - 5 of 5 Posts