Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, I'm hoping anyone can advise me on the results and information I have been receiving over the last few weeks. To cut a very long story into a hopefully short story, I'm 35 and was told my AMH was 0.2. My day 3 blood test results in March of this year showed FSH to be 7.2 and prolactin 842. Following MRI and blood tests they found I have a functioning MICROADENOMA (small hormone secreting tumour in the pituitary gland). I have taken Cabergoline for 8 weeks and my prolactin has dropped to 13! Perfect I was told. My estradiol was tested on day 21 as unsure of length of cycle etc was 75 which I was told was good considering where I was in my cycle. Had a 27 day cycle and tested day 3 for FSH again and was told this morning FSH level was 62 and LH 74! Since taking Cabergoline I have been ovulating and my periods have started returning. I have been taking 500mg of Maca once a day for the past few weeks and wonder if this could have had any effect on the results? My endocrinologist thinks the high prolactin was suppressing the FSH level. I can't help but feel these results do not make sense. Surely my estradiol would be low if my FSH was truly that high and my periods would not be coming back easily with cabergoline?

Any advice would be very much appreciated as I am so confused by it all. Seems everytime I get hopeful that things are getting better they somehow become worse x

·
Super Moderator
1,831 Posts
I didn't want to read and run but I'm sorry, I don't have enough knowledge for explanations. Maybe I can see the prolactin argument but it sounds like a theory rather than fact.

Can you do more tests over the next few months to see if it changes? Do you know if you are ovulating? Surely if there is an egg, there is hope?

Hope you start to get some clarity.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts