Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder if anyone can help please?

After my 4th cycle of ICSI finally got a BFP on Friday 3rd.  By Sat felt pregnancy symptoms have felt before - sore boobs, metallic taste in mouth and tiredness.

On Sunday all these symptoms had gone, and since then, although I haven't bled, haven't felt in the slightest bit pregnant.  Am now convinced that it is all over - surely the only thing that would make the symptoms go away is a fall in hcg?

Has anyone else experienced this?

My clinic said on Friday that I could test again on this Friday coming for reassurance, so am hanging on for then.

Any comments would be much appreciated, thank you.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Obviously I can't provide you with any promises, but if it helps.....

I'm on my 2nd pregnancy, 14 weeks now, and I really don't feel pregnant at all at the moment.  It all comes and goes, and at times (today for example!) I have to remind myself I'm pregnant.  The only sign I've had for the past 3 weeks is an expanding waist!

At the start though, I did have a few symptoms around due test date and these did also come and go.  It was only at about 7 weeks that the proper nausea and tiredness hit which lasted till about 11 weeks..... since then, I've felt "normal" again.

It's all very hit and miss to start with, and some of it (IMHO) is not that your symptoms dissapear, but more that they are so subtle that your body gets used to them and they are no longer perceptible to you? Not sure if that makes sense!

Good luck!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much - that has really helped.  You get to the point where you just can't believe that you could have a successful outcome.  This part is surprisingly so much harder than the 2ww.

Congratulations on your two BFPs!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Hi
I am currently 28 wks pregnant following 5th cycle of IVF and my symptoms fluctuated loads -esp in the early weeks. I was only sick once (at 15 weeks) and had no real symptoms at all.
I wish you well and hope that your concerns are unfounded!
Love Pip

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.