Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am trying to find and get recommendations for a lightweight buggy for use when we go on holiday. The one I use at home isnt practical for travel and I dont want it to get damaged.

I would like one with a cover/bag for it to go in and it needs to be easy to use. A 5 point harness, a bag underneath, a sunshade and also be able to use footmuff/cosytoes with it are also required. My LO will be 10 months old when we need it and it will get plenty of use after that as we will be travelling alot, so it needs to be a decent one that will not fall apart after a few uses.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Cozy
:)

·
Premium Member
3,699 Posts
I have a basic chicco stroller that has everything you're after, very lightweight and has it's own carry bag - used it for a holiday and kept in the boot of the car for quick pops into the shops occasionally. Did the job - now looking to sell it (if you're anywhere near SE London, drop me a PM ;) )

Blu

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Blu,

Thanks. I'll have a look at those.

Sorry not near London.

Cozy

·
Registered
6,501 Posts
Cozy
I bought a cheap buggy from Asda in one of their baby events, it was only £25 - and it's lightweight and ideal for travelling.
Sheila 

·
Registered
477 Posts
We always take our Silvercross Fizz on holidays with us - really lightweight and perfect in hot weather as it has a mesh (ventualted) seat/sides.

U2fan

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Sheila and U2 fan.

I've been looking on the net and am interested in :

1. Cosatto Bob
2. Mclaren Quest Sport
3. Silver Cross Popsport

Not seen them yet, but has anyone used any of these?

Thanks

Cozy

·
Premium Member
8,150 Posts
Never been abroad with it but we have a Mcl Quest Sport. We got it when I was PG with G to push W round in, I was having troubles with my pregnancy and needed something light-weight. Now I use it as my 'grab-and-go' pushchair.

I really like it, it's got got good maneuverability, the basket at the back / underneath fits a couple of small bags inside. The hood & raincover keeps them dry in a shower (or heavier) oh and although it's not a function I often use you can recline the seat so they can lie back a bit, although not flat or anything.

Can't comment on the other two but yes I like the Quest!

B xxx :-*

·
Registered
128 Posts
I love my quinny zapps (have 2 - one for each baby) - lightweight, fold up into a bag so better protected in plane hold. Come with a big hood. Worked a treat in Egypt.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I have silvercross pop & its brilliant. Perfect for when we're away & i found that the sunshade was better than most. I also bought the silvercross buggy sail that attaches to the sides....brilliant invention :)

http://www.silvercross.co.uk/accessories/for-pushchairs/buggy-sail/

I also bought a buugy bag for it to keep it clean (airports not the best!) the Mothercare £10 one fits a treat x

This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that FertilityFriends.co.uk or its owners are not responsible for the content of external internet sites

1 - 9 of 9 Posts