Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my response scan this morning.  I have 1x16, 1x15, 1x12, 1x10 and a few follies less than 10.  Hospital called to ask me to go back for another scan tomorrow to see if the smaller follies will grow.  If there's no change overnight, we may have to stop treatment and wait a few months.

As you can imagine, I'm feeling really miserable.

Is growth possible overnight?

Alison XX

·
Registered
618 Posts
ALISON, they can definately grow over night!!!!!!!!!
My first tx was with 5 follies, O.K. it was neg but it was such a long shot as I have higher FSH.
Please try and stay calm and positive.
Love
WelshyXXXX

·
Registered
949 Posts
Alison

Why are they saying they may have to stop tx, are your hormone levels still rising?  HOw long have you been stimming for?  They told me this at one point at my hossie, tho cos my levels kept rising they kept going, I have now been stimming for 17 days and am having ec on Monday, I have seven follies at the mo, 2 at 19, 1 at 18, 1 at 17, 1 at 15 and 2 at 13.  Am hoping the 15 and 13's may have grown a bit more before Friday and I know for a fact that they can cos over last weekend my 12's grew to 16's!

Hang on in there and good luck with the scan tomorrow!

Love

Karen xxx

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Karen

I think it's because they don't believe I've responded to the stimming drugs.  I will definately ask about extending when I'm there tomorrow.

You've given me some hope!

Good luck for Monday!

Alison XX

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
YES!

They'll definitely have grown a tad over night - think your clinic is erring on the side of caution.

Goodluck!

Jessx

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hiya ... I would say YES !!! they can grow over night ... MY biggest folli was 17 on wed and today at my scan (9.50am) the largest was 24 !! So thats a huge 7mm growth so please dont give up hope !!!!!!

xxxlaura

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hia

I was told that they grow around 2mm each day so your little ones should grow nicely.  I had a few smaller ones and they left me stimming a few extra days and they grew so don't give up hope.  Here's a iccle dance for your follies.

^pompom^ ^pompom^ ^pompom^ GROW FOLLIES GROW ^pompom^ ^pompom^ ^pompom^

Love Kerry  :-* :-*

·
Registered
371 Posts
Alison

How did you go today? The hospital seems a little over cautious with them saying stop treatment. I am a really slow responder (19 days I think) and I only got 4 eggs in the end. We now have 1 in the freezer and our twins are due in 161 days!

Put your foot down and good luck
Megan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.