Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A weird one this ...

I had my 2nd round of IVF in Feb. It was a BFN and AF arrived on what would have been day 22. My next AF came pretty much as normal on Day 26 (I'm around D26/27 generally). But now I'm Day 31 and still no sign.

I did 2 Tesco cheapo HPT this morning and got nothing (except an evaporation line AFTER the 10min cut off). I REALLY don't think that my body has done what it should have done but it seems very weird that a delay should hit after 2 OK cycles. I don't have any of my usual AF type symptoms but have had a lot of niggly pulling pains, but no extreme tiredness or sore (.)(.), which I had before (my 1st cycle worked).

I guess that I need to get a decent HPT and try in a couple of days and then see the doctor next week for a blood test if nothing turns up?

Anyone got any similar experiences to share?

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
Hi

It's not uncommon for your cycles to be messed up for quite a few months after tx.  In my case, I don't think they've ever been the same since! ::) I used to be very regular and since tx I am not so regular and often go 36/37 days before AF arrives, there's no apparent cause.  Tx puts a huge strain on your body so it's not surprising that it might go a bit haywire after a cycle.

^goodluck^

Axxxx

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
#
Y]
~
be on the 2ww during mid august. Now I've got '[''''''''''''''[m][l
]
]@~#'#]

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry!!! my toddler just slapped the keyboard before I could stop her .... ::)

what I meant to say was:

yeah, you're probably right but its so annoying as it throws all the planning for our next cycle out the window as at the moment I've no idea when AF is now going to come in the summer

a quick question - I've been using an electronic fertility monitor and my peak ovulaiton time (ha-ha) was the same as normal - was that the case with you, do you know? Or do long cycles mean a much later peak period?

xx

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi - just wanted to share the news with anyone out there on this raining sunday evening ...

I did a clearblue test this morning and got a  ^BFP^

DP & I have spent the day hovering between shock, joy and fear that this is all a false alarm. The test was very faint (but well within the 10 min window) and so I am going to try and get a blood test from the GP on Tues.....

xx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts