Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi every one,

This is my first time on this website, Sorry if I rattle on.  I can't believe the amount of information I have found out!

Well where do I start.  I have been with my DH for 8 years and been really trying for a baby for 6 years.  I have a 13 year old son from a previous relationship.  My DH and I had all our checks done with the GP and it turns out that my DH has sperm swimming in the wrong direction, so we get referred to a private fertility Hospital in London.  After having a chat we go to have ICSI done.  The whole process (drugs and Injections) was not as bad as I imagined.  The hardest was waiting to see if it had worked.  Well We got a BFP My DH and I were so happy I felt so lucky, my son was excited at the prospect of a brov/sis.

After 5 days I started spotting, the hospital told me this can be quit common, but to have some bloood tests done to check hormone level, It was bad news the hormone level was dropping and after 21 days of bleeding I new the answer.  I have now picked myself of the floor and we are going to try again with FET.

Does any one have any good ideas for relaxing as I think I may have been a little up tight and next time I would like to be a bit more relaxed.

I wish you all luck
ERI XX

·
Premium Member
3,485 Posts
Hi Eri welcome to FF is a fab place for info and a good natter wiith people that actually DO understand.
Sorry for your loss it must have been awful for u all, lets hope u have some luck with your FET.
I hear alot of girls go for acupuncture or refelxology am sure more of the girls will be able to help.
Good luck
lol
Lou x

·
Premium Member
597 Posts
Hi Eri

Welcome to the site. I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

There are lots of great ladies on here who offer amazing support and advice. There is a chat this evening for pregnancy loss if you feel you would like to join? Details are in the Pregnancy Loss section.

Everything crossed for you

xx

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hi Eri,

I am also new here, only joined up last night!

I am awaiting my 1st IVF, I am soooo glad you said the injections were as bad as you thought they would be. I have been worring about it a bit.

I am going to have reflexology during my IVF, it is sooo relaxing - if you dont mind anyone playing with your feet! I had a session a couple of months ago, it was an amazing experience the reflexologist picked up on all my health problems with out me having to say anything. 

So sorry to hear of your loss.

All the best

Janey x

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Janey,
Wishing you loads of luck with IVF.  When do you start?  Before I started ICSI I had a real problem with needles but I promise its not bad at all.  Where are you having IVF.

ERI xx  ^fairydust^

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thanks Eri,

I am going to Manchester for treatment, and have had a letter yesterday with details for my initial consultation, which is on the 17 Nov.

I have also been worrying that the drugs will turn me into a woman possessed!, I have red hair - so do have a bit of a temper!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was a bit (very) moody on the drugs but I was lucky my DH was patient with me (most of the time).  When your feeling really angry just think it's all for a good cause.  My sister said that I changed when I went on the drugs and I did feel slightly different sort of numb like I can't believe that I was finally doing something about having a baby, because when you start going to GP's and than you get referred and than you have to meet Doctors it becomes like your whole life. 
Keep in touch! ^goodluck^
ERI xx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.