Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

have also posted on the unexplained board, but wondered whether anyone has had problems with ovulation following a failed cycle.  I have always believed I have ovulated, but last month didn't really spot the signs very much and was late with AF.  Didn't think much about it but this month I have used the OPK's and no LH surge has yet been picked up and yet I am on day 16 and normally a 28 day cycle.  Worried that I have stopped ovulating - can this occur following IVF??!!

Any thoughts appreciated.
Thanks
Yellow

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi Yellow38,

My cycle has gone completely haywire after IVF and I feel like I have stopped ovulating too. After my first AF I had mid-cycle spotting and my cycle was only 26 days. Then after my second AF I spotted for many days, which again is unusual for me. Now I am waiting for my third AF post-failed IVF and it has still not appeared after 38 days. I have tested and am sadly not PG.The worst thing about this is that it may delay my next treatment cycle. I think next time I may actually ask to whether going on the pill will help regulate my cycle after IVF. Of course that would mean I can't TTC naturally, which is probably why they don't suggest it.
I am sure all these hormones that are pumped into our bodies do affect some women's cycle. Hopefully your ovulation is only delayed for a few days. I would keep testing with the OPK sticks in the meantime and hopefully you will get the LH surge soon.
Best of luck,
Singers x

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your replies ladies.  Still nothing on this mornings OPK, have purchased more and so will probably keep going another couple of days.  :-\ Feel quite concerned about it to be honest, at least with unexplained there is always the possibility of ttc naturally (though I know chances are slim), and this feels like that has even been taken from now.  Plus, like you Singers, delays in cycle possibly mean delays in tx and that is also the last thing I want right now. :(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts