Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I had a FET cancelled in August because my lining was 15mm and I had polyps. I've had the polyps removed and just had lining scan for dec cycle and lining is 16mm!!!! Is it too thick? Does anyone know what this means and if its a problem.

Hope

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Hi hope

i'm no expert on this but i believe that lining can be too thick.  I think the optimum range they look for is around the 8-10/12mm mark but i don't really know what the implications of a thick lining are.  I have also read on here that whether it is triple striped/echo is possibly as/if not more important than the density.  After a quick google i read that provera can be used to thin the lining and clomid is also known to thin the lining.  I'm sure others will come along who know more and i think there is a thread on here about endometrium lining but i would ask your consultant's/clinics advice on this as they should really advise you of what they are looking/hoping for and suggest what can be done to adjust this so you can continue with your tx.

GGx

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Hi Hope

sorry that you had a cancelled cycle in August hun, I suspect it would have been more to do with the polyps than your lining though? Mine was 16mm on both of my successful cycles - although i miscarried the 1st time! Have you asked stepan? Im sure he will be the best person to put your mind at rest?

Good luck Ash

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WOW thats great news thanks! I must admit I was panicking. My scan report came through and the lining which she measured and said was 16mm during the scan was reported as 12.4 which Stephan said was fine. When i queried with the scan place they said the boss had checked the images and it was 12.4 in the "area which counts" or some such (so she'd made a mistake somewhere).

I was then panicking that they didnt know what they were talking about and was it 12.4 or 16mm but now I'll just go with it as obviously a 16mm one works too  ;D

Thank you - how do people cope without FF?!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.