Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read on another post somewhere, that it is possible to give our men too many antioxidants and that sperm need some free radicals about. I'm worried as I give dh extra vit E, vit C and selenium and with the multivit (gives 100%rda) too, I thought he was well antioxidised - maybe too much??

Need advice.

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Dear Sanguine
I'm not an expert and haven't heard about needing free radicals before.  However, there does seem to be some evidence that extra of some vits/mins can be effective.  We went on supplements recommended by a nutritional therapist (on Foresight model) and DH's SA definitely improved (although this could have been a coincidence).  However, I've read that it is possible to have too much of some vits/mins or to take an unbalanced dose, so it might be advisable to use a supplement specifically designed to help male fertility rather than an ordinary multivit with extra tablets added in.  My DH is now on Marilyn Glenville supplements with extra Essential Fatty Acids and Vit C.  Zita West also does a special male fertility supplement.  Good luck. Ellie..

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Ellie,
Sounds sensible. May I ask, where do you buy dh's supplements from?
Thanks. San.

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
I ordered them from Marilyn Glenville's own website (you will find it if you google her name).  However, you can now also get them from www.nutricentre.com and I think they work out a bit cheaper there (plus you get free postage on orders over £25).  Best wishes, Ellie.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.