Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this possible legally and practically does anyone know either in the UK or abroad? So you do an IVF cycle as normal but have a DE transfer at the same time? I guess the issues are with restrictions re multiple births etc.  There are huge issues around this which I haven't begun to think about yet, as I'm just trying to find out whether anyone has done this / whether it is possible before thinking about it further. Thank you very much

·
Registered
905 Posts
Hi hb
It is not legal in the UK to have transfers of embryos that have been created by both OE and DE at the same time.  It's not just about multiple births, it's to do with allowing the recipient to be able to go through the process of mourning for the child she cannot have with her own eggs before being able to move on to having a child with DE.  Acceptance and acknowledgement of the difference between using own eggs and that of a donor has been found to be better for the long-term well-being of both recipients, children and whole family.  For the same reason it has not been possible since HFE Act 1991 to mix sperm from a man with fertility problems with that of a donor, so that it is unclear whose sperm resulted in conception.
Olivia

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Hi.
tho I know DCN is against it, yes it is possible. it is called a tandem cycle. the dogus clinic in northern cyprus does it - see cyprus thread. i think eg serum in athens will stim both you and a donor but wont do a mixed transfer- only one lot of embryos can be transfered.
any questions pm me.  :)

x x 

·
Registered
905 Posts
UK regulations (and DCN as it happens) are only against mixed transfers.  It would appear that Dogus Clinic agree with this policy.
Olivia

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I had a mixed transfer at the Dogus clinic.  :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts