Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
??? Hi i have had my first consultation at the GRI,i am now waiting to attend for my blood tests before treatment starts.Can you get the relevant blood tests done at your gp's prior to going to the GRI in order to speed things along.

Can anyone give me any info.
lorri

·
Registered
824 Posts
Hello Lorri

My DH and I had all required blood tests and my smear test done via GP to save time.  You might need to collect the results yourself and take them to your IVF clinic, and GPs sometimes charge for this (although mine didn't)

Good luck!

Cecilie x

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Hi Snow White

I don't see why not.  As Cecile says you could take a copy along to gri .  I had mine done twice as it was some time between gp and my initial appointment with hospital they wanted to do it again - just to be clear.  You could even get  your partners tests done if this is an issue as well. 

Good Luck YodaXX  ;D

·
Registered
66 Posts
Snow white, your GP can do them for you.  They charged me for photo copying my results!  this varied from 10p to £1 per copy (not sure why - guess they were making it up)!  I had real problems in getting the results in paper copy.  It took me nearly 6 weeks from first test to picking up the last piece of paper.  My GP practice is not the most efficient or friendly, i really felt like i was asking them to perform a miracle most of the time.  I had to make regular phone calls to see if the results were in, to be told 'yes' then 'no' then 'not sure'.

so what i am trying to say is, if you know your GP is efficient ask them if they can do them.  otherwise it can be a very stressful experience!

Just another word of warning, my gp recently signed a form from the private hospital (something to do with sharing info) and i got charge £30 for two signatures on two forms! 

Sculley

·
Registered
66 Posts
Whoops, also forgot to say that the fertility hospital were very pleased that i had all the test already done...so it is worth the effort!

Sculley

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.