Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

Can you help please

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  peter 
#1 ·
Peter
I was wondering if you can help me on a problem that is bothering me.

I had 2 lots of miscarriages last year and needed ERPC's for both of them, it took me 6 months to have a period again, and that was with the help of a hormone Dexa........... and I then needed 2 lots of that to do anything, after that i have had regular periods but the problem is it has always been old blood, why do you think this is ???????

I have just had a failed IVF (4th go) do you think this might have had any thing to do with it???

I did ask our clinic and they said no it would be ok and to continue with the tx, we did but sadly it was negative.

Thanks

Jo
x x x

#2 ·
Jo said:
Peter
I was wondering if you can help me on a problem that is bothering me.

I had 2 lots of miscarriages last year and needed ERPC's for both of them, it took me 6 months to have a period again, and that was with the help of a hormone Dexa........... and I then needed 2 lots of that to do anything, after that i have had regular periods but the problem is it has always been old blood, why do you think this is ???????

Sorry to hear this. Miscarriage disturbs the natural cycle significantly and it often takes a while, along with treatment, to get back to normal. I am not sure what you mean by 'old blood' but as long as you are in no pain (other than menstrual pain), have no fever and feel well in yourself there is niothing to worry about.

I have just had a failed IVF (4th go) do you think this might have had any thing to do with it???

Not at all although if you try again make sure that your case is carefully reviewed and a new apporach is taken. Don't just accept more of the same as the chance of success is low when this approach is used.

I did ask our clinic and they said no it would be ok and to continue with the tx, we did but sadly it was negative.

See above. Get a full review before doing anyhting else.

Good luck!!

Peter

Thanks

Jo
x x x

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.