Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ladies

17 days ago I had my 2nd IUI tx.  I did a test on Wednesday and got and faint positive.  I tested again this morning and still got the line but it is even fainter than the one on Wednesday.  I am so worried that things might be over before they have even begun.  My af hasn't arrived and doesn't look likely to either.  Does anyone know if it is it possible to misscarry (if you can call it that at such an early stage?!?!) without bleeding or is there still hope for me yet?

I have just been to the hospital and even they can not confirm if it is a positive or not.  I had a scan and they saw a spot with may be a sac but can not be sure.  My endometrium is high and as it should be for a pregnancy and the "spot" is in the right place for it to be the sac.

Thanks for reading and goodluck to everyone with their treatment.
Sue

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Hello Sue

^hugme^

It is possible to miscarry without bleeding, even much later on, it can be common up to 8 weeks-ish, and not discovered until the 12 week scan.

However, your hospital should easily be able to tell what is going on with a quantative HCG repeated in a couple of days to see if your levels are increasing or decreasing.  Did they not talk to you about this?

Jane
xxx

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Jane

The hospital just said to test again next week and if it is a positive to go back and they would do another scan to make sure everything is in the right place.  They did say that this early on they would expect the result to be very faint but I am a bit confused how the result could be clearer 2 days ago than it is now.  Do you think this is a bad sign and that things will just disappear on their own?

Thanks
Sue

·
Registered
680 Posts
Hi hun,

sorry that youre worried.

If it is an early mc you wouldnt bleed, it would just be absorbed and you would have AF, but it dosnt mean this has happened. My SIL had LOADS of neg tests when she was pg..it took a blood test at 6 weeks to prove she was pg. It can happen. She is due in two weeks!

Pip.

Hoping it sticks.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Pip

Thanks for the feedback.  I feel so confused because the line is much fainter today than 2 days ago.  I thought it would of been stronger today.  However it is a thicker line today than on Wednesday.  That one was very thin but went darker.  Would it help if I put a heat pad on my tummy or is there nothing I can do to help it along?

Thanks
Sue

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
The faintness of the line cannot really be a judge of what your HCG level is, every test can be different.  I'm a bit shocked that your hospital didn't offer you a level check.

In any case I'm sending you sticky vibes, and hoping this little one stays put, nothing you can really do to influence that I'm afraid.

^hugme^

Jane
xxx

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Jane

We live in Germany and the hospital here seem to do things differently to England.  I am keeping everything crossed ^pray^ ^pray^.  I took 3 weeks off sick whilst I had the tx but have to go back to work on Monday so I just hope that a little mracle happens over the weekend.

Sue

·
Registered
680 Posts
Dont put a heat pack on

too much heat can cause little embies to miscarry.
Stay rested and eat lots of protien to help it develop and imbed more.
If the line is thicker it should mean that theres more hormone to react with...i dont think tests always come up v strong anyway.
You could try a diff test brand with first wee at the weekend and see what that does?

Pip

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Pip

Unfortunately I can only get hold of one kind of test.  I have stocked up on them though so I can test a few times just incase.  I did another one when I got back from the hospital and it was still there but very faint.  I think I might try again on Sunday and see what happens.

This cycle has been awkward from the start so I am secretly hoping it is just another awkward moment which will turn out ok like the rest of the cycle.

Sue

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
Hi

Yes it is possible to m/c without bleeding.

It could just be that the tests don't pick up a low level of HCG and therefore the lines are appearing quite faint.

Can you have a blood test done ???

xxxx

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Scooby

Our clinic did not offer a blood test but I think I might wait another week and see if my af rears it's head and if not ask for a blood test to be done.  I did another test today and the line was even fainter so I expect my af to show up in the next couple of days.

Thanks
Sue

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
Hi Sue

The fact that you are getting a line is a positive.  I guess its coming up within the time on the instructions ???

I remember my first couple of tests were quite faint and then got stronger.

^fingerscrossed^  will keep looking out for your news.

x x x x x

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Scooby

Thanks.  I am just assuming as long as my af doesn't show then things are looking up!!!  Just trying to stay positive and hope a miracle happens.

Sue

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi all

My af still hasn't arrived and I keep getting the very faint positive.  Does anyone know if this is a good sign or maybe not?

Cheers
Sue
xxx

1 - 14 of 14 Posts