Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there  :)

I've just had my first ICSI cycle cancelled due to a poor response to the stimming drugs (menopur). I started this cycle on the long protocol but after 2 weeks on decapeptyl, I didn't respond to d/r (my E2 level was 151), so my cons said we'd go straight into the short protocol when I got my AF. AF came and I started stimming on 4 vials (300 UI) of menopur on day 2.

I had a day 6 scan when only 2 small follicles were found, so the cons upped the dosage to 6 vials (450 UI) and I had another E2 blood test. My E2 level this time was 38. Today, day 9, I had another scan and I had 2 follies measuring 10 & 11mm (LHS) and 1 folly measuring 14 (RHS). My cons said that he could tell these follies weren't good quality and that it would be best for us to cancel this cycle and start up again after next AF in July. He reckons that starting a short protocol on day 2 with 600 UI would be the most beneficial thing to do. Incidentally, my FSH level is also pretty high at 17.3.

Sorry it's such a long story! As this is my first time, I'm just so unsure of what's happening most of the time  ??? My cons, whilst being very nice, isn't the easiest communicator in the world so even though Dh and I ask questions, we don't always understand the answer! We live in the UAE and our cons is a fluent English speaker but mumbles ssssoooooooo much!!!

I guess my main questions are:

What should my E2 level be (approx) on day 6?

Why has the cons put me on the pill for a month? Couldn't I have just waited for my Af to arrive naturally?

Thanks so much for reading this novel  ;) and I'd really appreciate any feedback.

Suz x

·
Registered
7,500 Posts
Hi Suz,

I had a cycle cancelled in February - it's really disappointing, isn't it? :-[

I think my clinic likes day 1 / 2 E2 levels to be under around 140. I had a good cycle this time last year - with E2 levels starting at around 100. As soon as I started stimming, they pretty much doubled every day, and my few follicles grew at a similar rate.

With my cancelled cycle, my E2 levels were again around 100, but stuck around the same level for around 5 days. When they eventually started to go up, a scan showed just one lead follicle - so the cycle was cancelled. When I asked why this had happened, they just said it can be one of those things - and to wait a couple of months to try again.

Good luck for your next cycle xxx

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
so sorry to read that your cycle has been cancelled suz  ^hugme^

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hi,

I can't answer any of your questions as this is all new to me aswell, my cycle was cancelled last friday so i know how your feeling.
Just wanted to send you  ^hugme^

Good luck for next time  ^reiki^

Love Z x

·
Registered
221 Posts
im on my 1st ivf go and looks like i may be cancelling to ,had 1st scan today and only 3 foliicals and hey were all under 10mm,but im on high dose of 450 a day so said i cant go higher,i had bloods done just waiting for them to tell me if its worth going back friday to have another scan,am gutted cant stop crying...

·
Premium Member
11,096 Posts
/bump

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just wanted to say thanks very much for all of you who replied. I've done some searching online and think I've come up with an answer for the E2 question  ??? Cheers x

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Suz - I too am on a short protocol. This is the first time for me.

In answer to your question about putting you on the pill, I asked the same question to my clinic and they said it was to have some firm guide as to when AF would arrive, so they could slot you in and have more control - apparently your AF will normally arrive 2-3 days post stopping the pill - I stopped my pill on the Tuesday and Friday AF arrived, so I guess they were right!

Sorry to hear that your cycle was cancelled and keeping everything crossed for you next one.

Natalie

x x

1 - 8 of 8 Posts