Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had a cancelled IUI due to admin error? There was a mix-up at the hospital with My Hubby's 'sample'. It was left on a shelf for an hour before anyone realised it was missing - it had been put in the wrong place - so the sample was wasted and the procedure yesterday cancelled. I now have to wait another month to try again, but more importantly I have had to take all the medication so will suffer the unpleasant side effects, and for nothing. I'm not sure how to feel right no. I'm angry this has happened but what can I do? The worst feeling in the world is feeling out of control in your own life, having to rely on other people to do their job. We didn't feel looked after at the hospital at all,and I left with a feeling something was wrong, and I was right. I don't know. I guess I just need to rant, let off steam. Sorry just didn't seem good enough.

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
I'm so sorry this has happened to you. I don't have personal experience of this but I suspect, sadly, you are not alone in this.
What reassurances have the hospital given you that this will not happen again?
Have you been able to make an appointment to speak to somone about it?

I know mistakes can happen but you need to feel confident about your tx and you need to be reassured by the clinic and have faith in them.

^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^
hope everything goes well next time  ^reiki^

·
Premium Member
11,096 Posts
Hello Lexndan

I can hardly believe it hun - I'm just so so sorry  ^hugme^. I'm not suprised you're angry - I'd also be just furious.

Have you spoken to them about at least having the costs refunded?

So sorry

Emma xx

·
Premium Member
5,678 Posts
So sorry hun that the cycle was cancelled & I think you have every right to be angry! If that was a blood sample or a tissue culture they 'lost' the implications could be huge!! I've heard of cycles being cancelled last minute because of too many follicles or that the clinic doesn't have enough staff but there are rigourous procedures in place in the labs to ensure things are done within the appropriate timescale & handled in a safe manner.

Personally I would want a fulsome apology in writing without asking for it & if that didn't happen I would def complain!

Huge huge  ^hugme^ to you hon.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I am so sorry for your cancelled IUI, i can ubderstand how upset you must be.

I hope they apologise, and give you a refund if you had to pay.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
You must be so angry - but at least they didn't just go ahead with it anyway with a useless sample. You wouldn't have known the difference. Not much consolation I know - sending big  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ x

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
whats wrong with this hospital ^bigbad^ :mad: was it a priv one or nhs???i would be very angry and speak
it to the hospital :mad: ^swear^ ^furios^ its not on lovey.im so sorry this has happened ^hugme^ when were you due to baste???if it was yesturday or today id get busy lovey ^BMS^ ^HappySperm^ ^HappySperm^

hayley

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It was on monday - basting due at 11.30, sample collected at 9am, discovered it was missing 9.45, IUI cancelled 10.15. I was having acupuncture at the time and she was incredily supportive - even insisted I didn't pay for the treatment that day and offered it as a gift. I must say that was really really appreciated and I burst into tears when she told me! Anyway, needless to say, we really weren't in the mood for ^BMS^ after we heard, but managed to get some in before bed and once during my lunch break the next day! Luckily we had intercourse 60 hours before the basting, so you never know - 4 times may have done it! Miracles do happen after all...maybe it's my turn?

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ it would be a wonderful end to a sorry tale.
^findgerscrossed^

1 - 9 of 9 Posts