Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I cancelled my icsi tx on Monday as the risk of ohss was too high and I was very unwell.

I was just wondering when my period was likely to appear? Will I have to wait weeks?

Also will my follicles just shrink and how long will that take?

Any ideas appreciated, thanks xx

G

·
Again - so sorry this was the case....I believe you will just ovulate as normal (do an OPK?) and then wait 14 days til a bleed? NO SEX of course sorry!

Hope you feel better soon...

xxx

·
Registered
572 Posts
Hi Sapphire

The same thing happened to me - it is very disappointing isn't it  ^hugme^ not to mention painful. 

In answer to your question, my next AF arrived 30 days later which was bang on time for me.  The next one was over 60 days though, and then back to 28-32 after that.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hi Sapphire,
My first cycle of ICSI was also cancelled for the same reason. My heart goes out to you as I know how disappointing it is  ^hugme^
I'm sure that you will be on different drugs or different amounts on your next cycle and there is less chance of OHSS again as they now know how your body will react. So they will make adjustments to your meds accordingly.
My af came 2 weeks after the cycle was cancelled.
Just to give you a bit of hope.......I've just had my second cycle of ICSI and now I'm 9+1week pregnant. I still over stimulated but the clinic said they were happy for us to carry on with EC/ET as the risks of serious OHSS were low.
Keep strong and positive. Miracles DO happen.
Good luck for the future hunny  ^hugme^
Sarah xx

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies, I appreciate you sharing your stories with me.

It was an extremely scary experience (with all the pain, sickness and emotions) and I don't think I can go through it again. I just want my 'normal' cycle to return asap. Hope af arrives in the next few weeks!

Good luck to you all and congratulations Sarah, wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy.

Claire xx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts