Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My two are still in their original car seats and are a little way off being too tall for them at the moment (they're nearly 14 months) but I'm beginning to research our options for the next seats. We only have the one car at the minute so when DH has the car for work the seats and bases often have to come out. Unless we rob a bank and buy me a car ( ^pray^ ) we will still need seats that can be taken out and put back in the car easily (although there don't seem to be many that are isofix at stage 1 and above). Our existing ones weigh a ton, even with our little tiddlers in, so I'm looking forward to not having to cart infant seats around. I also get fed up with ours because you can't tighten the straps once they're on the bases, but I suppose once they're forward facing the straps are easier to get to.

So far the ones that look interesting are the Kiddy series, which have won lots of awards and are weird but apparently very light and easy to move, and the maxi-cosi axiss one that swivels, to save my back. I don't mind shelling out for ones that will last until older than 4 years old if it's worth it. Anyone know of any reason not to investigate the two I've mentioned further? (Or know of ones that are light, portable, really safe and only cost a few quid? :) )

Many thanks for your thoughts.

·
Premium Member
7,991 Posts
Hiya
I have a Kiddy seat, and its very lightweight, easy to put in and out and got lots of longevity in it....  that said my daughter felt very constrained by the centre section and we didnt get it til she was around 2.5yrs so probably quite a lot taller than your 2.

My 2nd daughter is getting very irritable in her other car seat so im considering swapping her to the Kiddy - however im not sure she will be too impressed either  :-\ .

I think its a great seat with brilliant benefits - if you have easy going LO's. I would find a stockist and sit them in the seat with the tummy cushion and see how they get on before making a costly purchase.

Good luck  ^hugme^

·
Premium Member
2,105 Posts
Can't help with specific suggestions, but some local authorities run a car seat safety service where you can try out different makes of car seat and get advice on how to fit them safely.  They are not in the business of selling seats, so there is no pressure from sales staff as you would get in a shop, and you can then go home and find them cheap on the internet.

Good luck!

EG x

1 - 3 of 3 Posts