Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i'm at CARE manchester and on the website it shows a "Patient Room" with an en suite bathroom and things that i assume is for women who are having their EC or ET.

I just wondered if this is the standard and what everyone gets or if it is just showing off it's best room and the rest aren't near as accommodating?

I'm a bit fussy about things like that.

Thanks xx

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
I am going to be going to care, but my last cycle was at liverpool and each of their patient rooms had an en-suite. I was in there whilst I got ready for ec, and I recovered in theire after ec. as u need to have a wee before they let u go, think they should have en-suites! exx

·
Registered
390 Posts
TBH I had a BFP at Care however talk about the negative experience I had there. We didn't use the patient room, we just went in the clinic/ treatment room. The facilities for my ET were not that great, the changing room is appalling and you can hear the couple in the next changing room as they try and rush them in as quickly as they can get you out.. The room was definitely not en suite and I barely had time to get my knickers on before being forced out of the waiting room and sent on my way.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
littlefriend- firstly congrats on ur bfp :) but what did they do with u when u had ec? as I was out of it for a while I got put in my room with db till I was abit better/had a drink and a wee. ET was quicker and abit rushed but that wasn't as traumatic as ec. (That's at liverpool) xx

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
aww that can't have been nice to be rushed out ^hugme^ xx

·
Registered
889 Posts
Hi L_ouise
the patient rooms are only used for EC, however there was a time when Care used to have the patient rooms to for the  egg transfer. Lord knows ive used them enough times!
The changing room(for ET) is more likened to a' broom cupboard', yep and as correctly mentioned , one in and one out, their reasoning for the change in not using the patient rooms was that it wasnt necessary to be lie down for any amount of time after ET.
However i have never felt rushed when having the ET once you get into the tx room.  Being self funded, and paying through the nose for the tx, always felt that you get their utmost attention from the consultant, embryologist and nurses. Its tough - theyve had their moneys worth out of me, and i wont be rushed!!
Been a while since I have been in the patient rooms, and im not sure if they have been updated since we had out last EC s couple of years ago., but they were ok,they were a little bit tired, but it served a purpose, try not to be concerned about the rooms, its the treatment and care that matters most.
L_ouise and hoping :) good luck for your treatment fingers crossed
sam

·
Registered
390 Posts
Hi Sam. I'm self funding too but I don't think that that should make a difference to the quality of care you get. Everybody should get a decent dignified level of care regardless of funding.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Hi LF
Not saying that as I am unaware the sort of treatment that is delivered under the nhs there,I am just giving another view to what you said about being rushed in and out. You do get the opportunity to complain about the service, the process is stressful enough without it being compounded by making you feel rushed. 

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
I was nhs at liverpool and found the tx at that stage was fab! I was very upset at how our embies had developed, so tears, needing a wee, trying to fill my bladder and a quick arguement with db ::) I must have caused them to run late but they was sympathetic. I am going to egg share, but I do hope Care would be the same, its a very difficult process. xx

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
L_ouise as sam said the rooms are for e/c we were taken then for ec has a ensuite with shower and we stayed there until spoken to embryologist etc.  To be honest i am always desperate to get home.  For e/t we were in waiting room and then in another little room where you take your bottom half of clothes off and then go into the room for e/t.  During e/t they really took their time i got upset cos i knew it was our last chance and they were really good with me they also played me back the moment they were put in as the nurse was blocking the screen from.  We were given time afterwards to get dressed and then had a chat with the nurse and we were told to go and sit in waiting room for as long as we wanted.  I think it prob will depend on how many transfers they have that day  if you have any concerns i would raise them before you go in.  Good luckxx

LF can understand why you feel negative about Care it is wrong to be rushed when the process is as stressful as it is.  How are you??

xx

·
Premium Member
2,563 Posts
I also have had a couple of egg collections and 1 egg transfer and they were all performed in really clean lovely rooms, the ec were in theatre and the et was in a purpose built room next to the lab, I had a private room to recover in that had an ensuite, I think they have been good all round to be honest

Nic
Xx

·
Registered
617 Posts
Hi
I had my tx at Care Manchester albeit a few years back (strange to be typing that).  Anyway I had excellent treatment for the EC (I was doing egg donation too) and had a room etc (with ensuite).  Then for ET I did initially have a bad experience and had to go back the following day but was treated superbly and got my very much awaited for BFP.  One thing I will say is that I developed OHSS and the clinic were superb in their monitoring of it and I was going daily for scans and monitoring until they were happy all was ok. 

Libeth x

1 - 13 of 13 Posts