Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have had our initial consultation/tests with CARE Manchester, and overall we are very impressed with them. However, their success rates for donor egg IVF are troubling me. The rate of success with fresh transfers is fine, but for FET it drops to almost half that!  :eek:  CARE Northampton for example has slightly better fresh rates AND only a 10% drop for FET.

Obviously as we are relying on FET (and surrogacy, just to make things even more complicated and expensive), I am now concerned about the success rates. Of course, ideally we'd be able to compare over several years worth of results, rather than one year, but it does make me wonder whether the differences are due to the cases that Manchester took on (different kinds of infertility) or were they down to different techniques used etc.

I'm hoping that there will be plenty of people here who can put my mind at rest with their stories of success.  :)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hi KittyB  :)

Have you tried posting on the Care forum at all? I was on there for my first cycle as I had treatment at Manchester Care. I know there is a surrogacy thread and an egg donor thread with some wonderful ladies on there who will most probably be able to tell you lots of successful stories with people in your circumstances and answer some of your questions?? Its worth a go and works more or less the same as on here if you haven't already tried it?

Lots of luck to you,

Sadie xxx

1 - 2 of 2 Posts