Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a very important question. I have a siamese cat, 3 months old female. I went thru ICSI last month and got BFN on may 2nd, do you guys think that my cat really could make me lose my embies or even in the future my fetus?

Everyone is telling me to get rid of her but she is my companion and i would hate to let her go. Help please.

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts
Hi Jadeline :)

First, big hugs....i remember you from you 2ww and I'm really sorry it didn't work for you this time ^hugme^

I think pets are really important especially when you are going through the stress of IF......i think you should give her a big hug and enjoy her hun. Siamese are fab......i used to have one ages ago, really lovely but very noisy!!

The recommended advice when pregnant (so apply it to the 2ww too) is that you should get someone else to handle the cat litter but apart from that there's no reason to get rid of her at all :)

Take care, Lizzy xxx

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you so much for the info Lizzy you are fabulous, how is it going with your cycle?

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Hi Jadeline

I'm so sorry for your bfn  ^hugme^

I would echo what Lizzy has said, i have 3 cats and through our first bfn they were my lifeline IYKWIM - and as you can see on our 2nd go we had Cerys, with 3 cats so definately no need to get rid  ;) Like Lizzy said just don't handle cat litter  :)

C xxx

·
Registered
221 Posts
yep my hubby cant wait to do the cat litter change...NOT!!!! lol he hates doing it as it makes him gag....but hey it ill be worth it to get a healthy baby.......
good luck to you x

·
Premium Member
5,207 Posts

I'm not on tx hun, just look after the board here :)

Lots of luck for your FET ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Much love, Lizzy xxx

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
I have 2 cats, both of whom are feral and whilst on tx have been lifesavers giving me cuddles and something to focus on x

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks a million ladies, she was definitely my savior on my 2ww, always beside me, more loyal than my hubby :D LOL

·
Registered
11 Posts
I got 2 kittens in the 2nd week of my 2WW and they completely took my mind off all that was going on and have been a life saver.  I've got my 1st BFP after my 5th ICSI attempt!
Jayne

1 - 9 of 9 Posts