Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all

I actually phoned the clinic up this morning to get my cd21 results, but it's my cd3 which I'm having a minor panic about... :-\

Had my cd3 test done earlier this cycle (actually done on cd4 because couldn't get it done over a weekend) and the clinic nurse phoned through saying they were all within the normal range.  However, I thought I'd get them in detail when ringing this morning and I've no idea what some of them mean and worried about my FSH.  Can anyone help or give me advice?

3T4(?) - 14.9
TSH - 2.1
Testosterone - 0.7
LH - 4.3
FSH - 9.3

I thought FSH had to be below 8.  What will this mean for me and future treatment?  Can I do anything to improve this? I've heard there are some herbal treatments that can help?

I did have an ov scan at day12 and showed a few follies, ov'd at cd 19.  My cd21 (actually done on cd25) was 38.

Thank you.

Claire
cd29/26-40

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Don´t worry about FSH level as it would have started rising on day 4 but if it had been done on day 2 or 3 it would have been lower. The joy of having a period on a Friday! For peace of mind it may be worthwhile considering repeating test in hope you can get a day 2 or 3 blood. All other levels fine including a very healthy progesterone!!

Ruth

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Ruth

I just got a bit worried because I thought you would only see a rise that early on if your cycle is short.  As I know I ov'd on cd18/19, I'm expecting af to turn up on cd33 which isn't a particularly short cycle.  I have irregular af's and so far, have no idea why, so I guess my mind just said 'here's the problem' when these results came through.  Do you know if the others are OK and what the first two are - I've never heard of them?

Well, if anything, it's stopped me obsessing over my 1ww!!!

Thanks again,
Love

Claire

·
Registered
391 Posts
Hi Claire

I'm not a fertility nurse, however understand TSH to be thyroid stimulating hormone.  The other one is I suspect the free (rather than 3) thyroid level in the blood, T4 is thyroxine.  Most thyroxine is bound to proteins, free T4 would mean the level not bound, ie free in the blood and inactive.  Thyroid function is important as it can play a role in regulating the hormones needed for fertility.  The levels you quote look fine to me. 

Good luck

Lolly X

1 - 4 of 4 Posts